Exclusive Content > Editorials

Just Look At Kansas

<< < (2/13) > >>

sneakypete:

--- Quote from: HikerGuy83 on March 31, 2024, 08:24:47 pm ---I disagree.

There is a left.  There is a right.  There is a large center.

Rigid, in your face politics is not what people like. 

@HikerGuy83

Yet there are so many people standing in that line.

--- Quote ---While the left always appeals with "solutions" that intellectually lazy people grab on to, the right isn't far behind with things like MAGA.
--- End quote ---

More stupid "anti-rich  orange man" nonsense.

Trump did NOT create the conditions that exist today that made him "the last man standing to defend America".

THAT was the 'murikan left and the clueless cretins whose kneejerk reactions is to always run around in circles screaming about how "The sky is falling!"

You know,people like you.

--- End quote ---

The_Reader_David:
I've explained Kansas politics in various online fora where the provincials from the coasts think that Kansas is a hard-right state.  It is not.  It is a center-right state.  We functionally have three political parties:  the Conservative Republicans, the Moderate Republicans and the Democrats.  The first two just settle which will put up a candidate against the third in the GOP primary.  The state has had a horror of the hard Left since the Populist Party briefly controlled the legislature in the 1890s and instituted courses in political economy at the Kansas State College of Agriculture and the Mechanical Arts (now Kansas State University) that my colleagues who grew up behind the Iron Curtain would have recognized.  Since then, Kansans have kept the legislature firmly in Republican hands (the balance between conservatives and moderates shifting one way or the other over the years), but have, whenever the GOP went off the deep end to the right, given the governorship to a Democrat.  The latest example being Laura Kelly, who beat the Trumpier-than-Trump Kris Kobach to win her first term.

Oddly, I know Gov. Kelly, the only Kansas elected official I've actually known in my 33 years living here.  Our daughters used to both dance for the Metropolitan Ballet of Topeka, an amateur company attached to the one serious ballet school in the state, one good enough that some of its graduates went on to dance for companies on the coasts.

HikerGuy83:

--- Quote from: sneakypete on March 31, 2024, 09:05:48 pm ---More stupid "anti-rich  orange man" nonsense.

Trump did NOT create the conditions that exist today that made him "the last man standing to defend America".

THAT was the 'murikan left and the clueless cretins whose kneejerk reactions is to always run around in circles screaming about how "The sky is falling!"

You know,people like you.

--- End quote ---

It might be less embarrassing for you to refer to other statements as stupid and then make truly stupid statements of your own.

Please show me where I said the sky is falling.

And MAGA does not have to refer to Donald Trump. 

It's a rallying cry manufactured by the hard right GOP that has suckered a great many people into it. 

Donald Trump is NOT hard right.  Never has been. 

Maj. Bill Martin:

--- Quote from: sneakypete on March 31, 2024, 02:50:00 pm ---Keep us informed as to what happens with this election cycle.

The left keeps winning because they have NO sense of right and wrong and lying comes as naturally  to them as breathing,and the right keeps losing because they are TOO morally rigid and nobody  on the right wants to cooperate with  anyone else on the right because "they aren't moral enough for me".

--- End quote ---

Like being unwilling to vote for DeSantis if he had won the nomination because he supposedly "betrayed" Trump, and was therefore morally unfit?

Sighlass:

--- Quote from: Maj. Bill Martin on April 01, 2024, 03:37:50 am ---Like being unwilling to vote for DeSantis if he had won the nomination because he supposedly "betrayed" Trump, and was therefore morally unfit?

--- End quote ---

Or Cruz because Pete secretly knew he was gay because he shared an apartment at one time with another fellow. I guess I would be homo if that is the criteria used to judge. College saw a lot of us guys share living quarters.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version