Exclusive Content > Editorials

Just Look At Kansas

(1/13) > >>

HikerGuy83:
I moved to Lenexa, Kansas in late 1990.

Joan Finney had been elected and was getting set to be governor.  She was a democrat.  And not just a democrat, but a little on the Whacky Side.

In 1994, Bill Graves took over and served eight years.  His affiliation is Republican, but he was about as milque toast RINO as you could be. 

Graves served two terms and was replaced by Kathleen Sebelius.  You know....of the Oamacare ilk.  She was awful.

Mark Parkinson finished her second term for her.

So for my first 22 years there, I never saw a good solid conservative in the state house. 

But Kansas was "Deep Red" right ?

Hardly. 

The biggest issue was that Conservatives and Moderates could not work together.  And when the moderates didn't feel included, they just hopped on board with the left and elected some real losers.

Brownback was elected in 2012 and he turned out to be a POS. 

He was replaced by....yep, a democrat.

He was never that bright and it really showed.

Just a thought for you purists who think you are going to purge the party. 

The democrat who won Laura Kelly was endorsed by......Sebelius.....Bill Graves.....Nancy Kasebaum (former Kansas REPUBLICAN Senator) and host of others.

She didn't win by much.....but who cares.  Except for that idiot Brownback, Kansas will have had democratic or RINO governmors for most of the past 40 years when she leaves office.

A RED STATE....you but.

But one that still doesn't seem to like hard core conservatives.

Arizona might want to understand that. 

Not stumping for moderates. 

But you don't need to piss them off while you are running.

We'll see if we learn.

https://www.nga.org/former-governors/kansas/

https://www.vox.com/2018/11/6/18056676/midterm-election-results-kansas-governor-laura-kelly-winner

Mod2:
Moved to Exclusive Content category

sneakypete:
Keep us informed as to what happens with this election cycle.

The left keeps winning because they have NO sense of right and wrong and lying comes as naturally  to them as breathing,and the right keeps losing because they are TOO morally rigid and nobody  on the right wants to cooperate with  anyone else on the right because "they aren't moral enough for me".

HikerGuy83:

--- Quote from: Mod2 on March 31, 2024, 11:45:41 am ---Moved to Exclusive Content category

--- End quote ---

I don't get why.

HikerGuy83:

--- Quote from: sneakypete on March 31, 2024, 02:50:00 pm ---Keep us informed as to what happens with this election cycle.

The left keeps winning because they have NO sense of right and wrong and lying comes as naturally  to them as breathing,and the right keeps losing because they are TOO morally rigid and nobody  on the right wants to cooperate with  anyone else on the right because "they aren't moral enough for me".

--- End quote ---

I disagree.

There is a left.  There is a right.  There is a large center.

Rigid, in your face politics is not what people like. 

While the left always appeals with "solutions" that intellectually lazy people grab on to, the right isn't far behind with things like MAGA.

Kansas has a history of combative, I'm the man, kind of right wingers who the voters simply inform "not today".

And this is why Kansas is where it is.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version