Author Topic: Court Strikes Down Biden Rule Forcing States To Set Transportation Climate Targets  (Read 188 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Court Strikes Down Biden Rule Forcing States To Set Transportation Climate Targets
by Rachel Frazin  Mar 29, 2024 in News And Opinion

A federal court struck down a Biden administration rule Wednesday night requiring states and cities to set climate targets for transportation.

Judge James Hendrix, a former President Trump appointee, agreed with the Republican-led states that sued over the rule that the Biden administration did not have the authority to require them to set the targets. [emphasis, links added]

Hendrix argued that the administration was not authorized under law to include environmental benchmarks in states’ assessment of highway “performance.”

He wrote that the law referring to the “performance of the Interstate/National Highway Systems” refers to “the infrastructure’s effectiveness in facilitating travel, commerce, and national defense—not environmental outputs of vehicles using the systems.”

https://climatechangedispatch.com/court-strikes-down-biden-rule-forcing-states-to-set-transportation-climate-targets/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson