Author Topic: Ford “Drastically” Cutting EV Lightning Workforce Hours  (Read 64276 times)

Online banddag

Re: Ford “Drastically” Cutting EV Lightning Workforce Hours
« Reply #325 on: May 08, 2024, 05:49:34 pm »
A thing called critical thinking.

How do you get critical thinking when no pro ev threads are posted and all the members think  alike in a echo chamber repeating each other and patting each other on  the back?

Online mountaineer

« Reply #326 on: May 08, 2024, 05:54:42 pm »
Has this thread run it's course yet?
Definitely.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline DB

« Reply #327 on: May 08, 2024, 06:06:53 pm »

How do you get critical thinking when no pro ev threads are posted and all the members think  alike in a echo chamber repeating each other and patting each other on  the back?

You fail to understand, repeatedly. Few if any here are against EVs. There are some really nice ones. The point is, government is forcing it down everyone's throats based on bad science with a product and infrastructure that are not ready for prime time. There's already a shortage of electricity, and costs are rising, the grid is nowhere near being able to support fully electric transportation. Unicorns won't make it happen. It is lowering our standard of living across the board by getting less for more cost.

The free market is excellent at bringing new technologies forward, let them without government interference and/or picking winners and losers with my tax dollars.

Informed people can "think alike" simply because they are knowledgeable on the subject. There are engineers and other technical people here who know far more about these things than you do. A wise person would learn from them instead trying to tell them things they know aren't so.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #328 on: May 08, 2024, 06:42:12 pm »

Perhaps because the participants are educated, well informed, and have heard all this bullshit before, many times.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #329 on: May 08, 2024, 08:35:43 pm »
Perhaps because the participants are educated, well informed, and have heard all this bullshit before, many times.
Seriously, I live in SoCal there are are probably more EV's here than anywhere else because the climate is perfect for them year round, that of course changes in NorCal. You could not pay me to have an EV, I live in an apartment like millions of others and would be stuck using pubic charging stations, that's a no go and even if I owned a home it would be a no go as homed based charging is a very expensive deal, plus I don't like the odds of a firebomb going off in my garage. And then the is the time it currently takes to charge, why should I sit around waiting for an EV to charge when I can fill the tank of my ICE in less than five minutes or less? Nope until they come up with cars powered by Mister Fusion I'll stick to my ICE car....with the added bonus that I won't risk being trapped in a natural disaster when the power goes out.

Offline berdie

« Reply #330 on: May 08, 2024, 08:50:50 pm »

Interesting. I've seen pro-EV and pro Climate Change news posted here very often. Thank you @rangerrebew  happy77 happy77.
Even if that weren't the case...I do my own research as I'm sure most here do.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #331 on: May 09, 2024, 02:39:22 am »

It's not a lack of pro-EV threads that inhibits critical thinking.  It is ignoring the contents of what is being posted that inhibits critical thinking.  Kind of like what you do.  I have noticed several of your supporting articles actually contradict the claims you make.  Case in point, each time you post an allegedly pro-EV link, I read it and post right back to you the contrary evidence it contains - evidence that you failed to read yourself.  So which of us is employing critical thinking here?  You for blindly posting links you haven't read?  Or me for reading your articles and breaking them down?
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #332 on: May 09, 2024, 02:48:02 am »
You fail to understand, repeatedly. Few if any here are against EVs. There are some really nice ones. The point is, government is forcing it down everyone's throats based on bad science with a product and infrastructure that are not ready for prime time. There's already a shortage of electricity, and costs are rising, the grid is nowhere near being able to support fully electric transportation. Unicorns won't make it happen. It is lowering our standard of living across the board by getting less for more cost.

The free market is excellent at bringing new technologies forward, let them without government interference and/or picking winners and losers with my tax dollars.

Informed people can "think alike" simply because they are knowledgeable on the subject. There are engineers and other technical people here who know far more about these things than you do. A wise person would learn from them instead trying to tell them things they know aren't so.

Ditto.  If I lived in a crowded city with lots of stop signs and red lights and had zero plans of ever travelling anywhere outside a 20-mile radius, then an EV would definitely be a viable option.  But I don't live in such a place.  I live in the country with long stretches without stop signs, red lights, or traffic congestion.  I have a 50-mile commute each day, and I average around 46 mpg for that commute which is better than a Prius.  That's less than 5½ gallons of gas a week, far less than it would cost to recharge EV batteries.  And if I decide to take a day trip to Nashville or Birmingham, I don't have to worry about stopping to recharge somewhere along the way.

If EVs work for you, I applaud your decision.  But there's no way I would ever mandate that (at the point of a gun) on someone living in Wyoming, Oklahoma, Texas, etc.  Of course liberals have no qualms about using guns to do exactly that.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online roamer_1

« Reply #333 on: May 09, 2024, 06:34:27 am »
Seriously, I live in SoCal there are are probably more EV's here than anywhere else because the climate is perfect for them year round, that of course changes in NorCal. You could not pay me to have an EV, I live in an apartment like millions of others and would be stuck using pubic charging stations, that's a no go and even if I owned a home it would be a no go as homed based charging is a very expensive deal, plus I don't like the odds of a firebomb going off in my garage. And then the is the time it currently takes to charge, why should I sit around waiting for an EV to charge when I can fill the tank of my ICE in less than five minutes or less? Nope until they come up with cars powered by Mister Fusion I'll stick to my ICE car....with the added bonus that I won't risk being trapped in a natural disaster when the power goes out.

Up in here they are as laughable as the smart cars... I mean point and laugh.

But put that in a context - We don't have smart cars up in here... We have side-by-sides and Razors.  :shrug:
So kinda the same thing.

Maybe the same sort of analog will happen with the EVs.

We do have batt operated power tools. But only in the summer.
Winter construction, everything is corded and the air compressors come back out.
But I doubt anybody is going to buy an EV just for summertime.

I have an old golf cart coming though. Gonna jack it up and put ATV tires under it, and see about some LIron batts for it... Mount onboard solar/inverter... Use that to go to town when I can. So I ain't against it in theory.

Offline deb

• Sinner saved by grace.
« Reply #334 on: May 09, 2024, 05:46:40 pm »
Up in here they are as laughable as the smart cars... I mean point and laugh.

But put that in a context - We don't have smart cars up in here... We have side-by-sides and Razors.  :shrug:

Side-by-sides and Razors are WAY more fun, not to mention more functional, than any smart car.
Brothers, sisters, come on down to that river
Guaranteed you'll never be the same
There's a fountain flowing from the heart of the Savior
Bring your sins and all your guilty stains
Let that river of life wash it all away

River of Life - Mac Powell

Online roamer_1

« Reply #335 on: May 09, 2024, 06:11:43 pm »
Side-by-sides and Razors are WAY more fun, not to mention more functional, than any smart car.

Right. Redneck.
That's because they're all jacked up.
It's the same Idea...
Used to be all that side by side stuff was done with a beat up ol farm truck... a regular pickup. Then in my day, folks were looking specifically for Yoda and Nissan pickups to do that stuff... The smaller trucks got around better, and didn't cost so much to run and drive... So buying a beat up old yoda for a farm truck did the trick. Then the side by side... There was a progression, but it's the same concept.