Author Topic: Ford “Drastically” Cutting EV Lightning Workforce Hours  (Read 63696 times)

Offline Hoodat

Re: Ford “Drastically” Cutting EV Lightning Workforce Hours
« Reply #175 on: May 07, 2024, 12:28:03 am »
Oh HELL no.

Now now, let's think about this one for a moment.  What if we subsidize the firearms industry.  Everyone in America should be able to have an AR-15 at low cost.  So the government should pay out huge subsidies to make that happen.  Other countries do it, right?  We should take the lead from China and France.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline banddag

« Reply #176 on: May 07, 2024, 12:29:02 am »

And now you realize the pitfalls of making it up as you go.  It announces to everyone what a complete fool you are.

Care to try again?

If  hydrogen was viable car companies would be pushing for it. They are not.  It is as simple as that.

Offline banddag

« Reply #177 on: May 07, 2024, 12:33:25 am »
Oh HELL no.

The main reason we subsidize US ag is to keep prices stable for the consumer. (Besides inflation) if one year there was a bumper crop of corn, price of corn would drop and the next year less farmers would plant corn leading to a shortage in the third year. One year, a corn food product would sell for a $1.00 next year 25 cents and third year $5

It also helps farmers who suffer a bad crop year or two.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #178 on: May 07, 2024, 12:34:45 am »
Now now, let's think about this one for a moment.  What if we subsidize the firearms industry.  Everyone in America should be able to have an AR-15 at low cost.  So the government should pay out huge subsidies to make that happen.  Other countries do it, right?  We should take the lead from China and France.

HELL NO. The government is not your sugar daddy. You want an AR-15, get a job.

Offline banddag

« Reply #179 on: May 07, 2024, 12:34:48 am »

Stupid example. I pointed out what happened to Boeing.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #180 on: May 07, 2024, 12:39:57 am »
The main reason we subsidize US ag is to keep prices stable for the consumer. (Besides inflation) if one year there was a bumper crop of corn, price of corn would drop and the next year less farmers would plant corn leading to a shortage in the third year. One year, a corn food product would sell for a $1.00 next year 25 cents and third year $5

It also helps farmers who suffer a bad crop year or two.

The thing you blithely dismiss is the culprit: INFLATION (all caps)
When your sugar daddy government needs to hand out money, they just print sommore.

A days wage through modern history has been roughly equal to one Roman Denarius of silver... Which is roughly equal to one US silver dime. That is what inflation has bought you. The value of your money will soon go the way of Venezuela. Largely, almost entirely due to fiat currency spent by government.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #181 on: May 07, 2024, 12:41:24 am »
Here ya go

In May 2011, the Appellate Body confirmed that the EU and four of its member States (Germany, France, the UK, and Spain) conferred more than $18 billion in subsidized financing to Airbus and had caused Boeing to lose sales of more than 300 aircraft and significant market share throughout the world.Oct 2, 2019

U.S. Wins $7.5 Billion Award in Airbus Subsidies Case - USTR

QED x 2.  Again, instead of you disputing the premise that the poor (through their taxes) are subsidizing the wealthy for their "toys", you defend it.  Maybe you should take the time to read what others post first before responding to it.  Again, your failure to do so makes you out to be a complete fool.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline banddag

« Reply #182 on: May 07, 2024, 12:44:48 am »
QED x 2.  Again, instead of you disputing the premise that the poor (through their taxes) are subsidizing the wealthy for their "toys", you defend it.  Maybe you should take the time to read what others post first before responding to it.  Again, your failure to do so makes you out to be a complete fool.

The poor do not pay any taxes. 

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #183 on: May 07, 2024, 12:44:57 am »
Stupid example. I pointed out what happened to Boeing.

Ah, so you anoint yourself the decider of who gets subsidies and who does not?  And as for Boeing, they've lost business because they have grown complacent and lazy.  And people are now dying because of it.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #184 on: May 07, 2024, 12:47:26 am »
The poor do not pay any taxes.

That's a new one on me.  Anyone who works pays taxes.  Unless you've shown them a way to cheat on their taxes like yourself.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #185 on: May 07, 2024, 12:49:35 am »
Still waiting, @banddag

Why should the US government subsidize the battery industry when hydrogen tanks are lighter, cheaper, lower maintenance, and have further range?

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #186 on: May 07, 2024, 12:50:59 am »

In the meantime, saw an electronic message board on the side of the road...smack-dab in the middle of Annapolis by Saint John's College which read:

"Save a Life...turn in your guns and ammunition!"

THIS...in Maryland!   **nononono*
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline banddag

« Reply #187 on: May 07, 2024, 12:53:53 am »
Still waiting, @banddag

Why should the US government subsidize the battery industry when hydrogen tanks are lighter, cheaper, lower maintenance, and have further range?

I told you why. US car cos do not see hydrogen as viable versus ev's

Also if you go to subsidy trackers, US car cos have received billions in subsidies for decades- way before ev's

Conservatives hate ev's because it is a partinsanship issue

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #188 on: May 07, 2024, 12:56:16 am »
THIS...in Maryland!   **nononono*

Of course in Maryland. Rich Men North of Richmond

I couldn't stand it anywhere Northeast of Michigan, Had to turn around and beat feet for reality... Didn't slow down till I hit Kansas.

Offline banddag

« Reply #189 on: May 07, 2024, 12:58:07 am »
That's a new one on me.  Anyone who works pays taxes.  Unless you've shown them a way to cheat on their taxes like yourself.

The poor do pay sales taxes and such but minimal or no federal income tax. As a matter of fact most poor actually receive more money for being poor. Food stamps, Medicaid, child tax credits heap I could go on and on. No poor person is paying for a Tesla subsidy

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #190 on: May 07, 2024, 12:59:50 am »
Conservatives hate ev's because it is a partinsanship issue

Not true. It's a golf cart. Call me up when you have one that can haul a 40 ft gooseneck full of hay bales or a 4 horse trailer up mountains in 30 below weather... Then maybe I won't point and laugh.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #191 on: May 07, 2024, 01:03:03 am »
What with ethanol gasoline and all, I ain't that far off from rolling my own... I know how to make a mash up in the sticks...

Offline banddag

« Reply #192 on: May 07, 2024, 01:09:08 am »
Not true. It's a golf cart. Call me up when you have one that can haul a 40 ft gooseneck full of hay bales or a 4 horse trailer up mountains in 30 below weather... Then maybe I won't point and laugh.

It is new technology. No one has said ev's would be viable in all situations right off the bat. I expect one day you will have ev's pickups able to pull loaded trailers to n all conditions

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #193 on: May 07, 2024, 01:14:03 am »
It is new technology. No one has said ev's would be viable in all situations right off the bat. I expect one day you will have ev's pickups able to pull loaded trailers to n all conditions

It's shit. Everywhere but in the inner city. They can't sell em, even subsidized.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #194 on: May 07, 2024, 01:23:24 am »
Out here we have very little regulation. I can make my own rigs, and have scratch-built several, licensed to ride the road. I wonder what the car companies would be making without all the stupid regulations and subsidies.

That's what all that's about - Control.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #195 on: May 07, 2024, 01:24:14 am »
Your liberty is bleeding.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #196 on: May 07, 2024, 01:27:20 am »
Before embarrassing yourself further do some basic research.

You've enbarassed yourself by endorsing and believing the entire climate scam by itself.  Don't accuse others after that level of absurdity and hilarity.

I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline banddag

« Reply #197 on: May 07, 2024, 01:27:25 am »
Ah, so you anoint yourself the decider of who gets subsidies and who does not?  And as for Boeing, they've lost business because they have grown complacent and lazy.  And people are now dying because of it.

The example I gave was from 2011 and they lost sales of 300 planes to Airbus who was heavily subsidized from European countries

Btw you do know the US  gun manufacturers are subsidize by the US govt federal and local. Remington received 70 million to move to Alabama via Alabama taxpayers. . The gun manufacturers also received millions of dollars in PPE during COVID. I think it was around 100 million that they did not have to pay back

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #198 on: May 07, 2024, 01:30:31 am »
EVs are just glorified golf-carts. They might work in the deep inner city, but once you get out on the road you are on your own. Better get your hitchhiking finger ready.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline banddag

« Reply #199 on: May 07, 2024, 01:30:42 am »

You've enbarassed yourself by endorsing and believing the entire climate scam by itself.  Don't accuse others after that level of absurdity and hilarity.

I never once mentioned climate change. . I did mention the car companies like ev's because they take a 1/3 of labor and half the parts to make. I said above the car companies can care less about the climate- though they said they do.. ev's are nothing but making maximum profit with minimal cost. Nothing more