Author Topic: Ford “Drastically” Cutting EV Lightning Workforce Hours  (Read 17647 times)

Online banddag

Re: Ford “Drastically” Cutting EV Lightning Workforce Hours
« Reply #50 on: April 28, 2024, 12:16:12 am »
Here in Arizona I've seen ZERO electric yard keeping tools used by the professional landscapers. And they are all over the place. They're all gas powered and for good reason. They are much lighter and more powerful while taking little time to refuel.

The only way they get professionals to use electric is by government outlawing the alternative. Hardly a sales pitch on why they are superior...

Commercial grade line has only been very recently introduced. Not going to change overnight. Stihl said in press releases all commercial with be battery powered in future years due to ease of use.
Again watch youtube videos of real lawn  care co's trying lout the battery stuff. Nearly  all are very impressed.

Offline the OlLine Rebel

« Reply #51 on: April 28, 2024, 12:19:21 am »
You spend  too much time on FR with those low IQ idiots. Natural gas production, drilling, fracking under biden is at record levels in 2023 and 2024 is going to be even greater. Gas stoves will never be outlawed and natural gas will be used for the next 100 years.  Coalmine jobs in W.Va under trump declined every year and have shot back up under biden. Bet you won't see that at FR

Biden may tell the greenies he is going to outlaw fossil fuels but he is winking at the fossil fuel industry at the same time. Large co;s control the agenda in this country not the politcians.

No, mayors and all kinds of Dem politicians state they want to stop NG.

20 years ago, heck 5, nobody talked about trannies.  Now it’s all the rage and in our faces.  Tell me again how they won’t make this happen?
Common sense is an uncommon virtue.

Offline DB

« Reply #52 on: April 28, 2024, 12:20:16 am »

Commercial grade line has only been very recently introduced. Not going to change overnight. Stihl said in press releases all commercial with be battery powered in future years due to ease of use.
Again watch youtube videos of real lawn  care co's trying lout the battery stuff. Nearly  all are very impressed.

I'm not against electric things. I am against government shoving it down everyone's throats by force of law. I'm also against government subsidizing the wealthy with new electric toys while everyone else had to pay for it.

Offline DB

« Reply #53 on: April 28, 2024, 12:22:47 am »
No, mayors and all kinds of Dem politicians state they want to stop NG.

20 years ago, heck 5, nobody talked about trannies.  Now it’s all the rage and in our faces.  Tell me again how they won’t make this happen?

Multiple cities have banned natural gas with more jumping on the bandwagon. Don't have to be with low IQ people to know that.

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #54 on: April 28, 2024, 12:32:49 am »
You spend  too much time on FR with those low IQ idiots. Natural gas production, drilling, fracking under biden is at record levels in 2023 and 2024 is going to be even greater. Gas stoves will never be outlawed and natural gas will be used for the next 100 years.  Coalmine jobs in W.Va under trump declined every year and have shot back up under biden. Bet you won't see that at FR

Biden may tell the greenies he is going to outlaw fossil fuels but he is winking at the fossil fuel industry at the same time. Large co;s control the agenda in this country not the politcians.

:silly:

At least you're a marginally entertaining f**king idiot.

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #55 on: April 28, 2024, 12:33:39 am »
Multiple cities have banned natural gas with more jumping on the bandwagon. Don't have to be with low IQ people to know that.

:thumbsup:

Don't tell the f**king idiot.  He'll tell you it's all a conspiracy between Trump and "big business".

Online banddag

« Reply #56 on: April 28, 2024, 12:35:08 am »
I'm not against electric things. I am against government shoving it down everyone's throats by force of law. I'm also against government subsidizing the wealthy with new electric toys while everyone else had to pay for it.

Industry is for electrical products because they are cheaper to make. Head of GM said the typical EV uses a 1/3 of labor and 1/2 the parts of a gas vehicle. Follow the money as Rush always aid. It's all about maximizing profit and minimizing cost.
Then recent strikes was mainly about EV's because the unions saw EV's  would eliminate much of their jobs,

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #57 on: April 28, 2024, 12:37:53 am »
Stop the insults please...
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline libertybele

« Reply #58 on: April 28, 2024, 12:42:56 am »
When water intrusion and salt don't corrode batteries or cause them to catch fire perhaps they'll be more applicable to a greater part of the country -- until then, EV's are in the long run are futile, not dependable and more costly.

Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online banddag

« Reply #59 on: April 28, 2024, 12:44:38 am »

Don't tell the f**king idiot.  He'll tell you it's all a conspiracy between Trump and "big business".

I do research from all sides and talk with industry heads. The amount of misinformation regarding EV's/solar in conservative sites is frightening.
Someone is always  posting blogs from the Heartland Inst.  on FR bashing ev's and renewables.

You do know Heartland waw started by Phillip Morris as a lobbying group to combat the anti tobacco agenda in the 80's?  They received 875k from Exxon. I pick apart their blogs all the time.

If you only get your info from rw sites you will become ignorant and stupid. SRS, you need to read sources from the left, middle and right to be informed. Michell Malkin said it best. . She said 70% of the people out there with blogs and such (Bongino/Carlson) are liberals or moderates in real life but making money of gullible people is a huge money maker.

But ok, tell the ceo of Stihl who said the people prefer electric and the industry is not going that way that he is wrong.

« Last Edit: April 28, 2024, 12:50:13 am by banddag »

Online banddag

« Reply #60 on: April 28, 2024, 12:45:40 am »
Stop the insults please...

I apologize. Will stop it.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #61 on: April 28, 2024, 12:57:15 am »
I apologize. Will stop it.

That wasn't meant for you....
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline deb

• Sinner saved by grace.
« Reply #62 on: April 28, 2024, 12:57:51 am »
You’ll have to pry my diesel-guzzling Grasshopper ZTR from my cold, dead hands before I ever use an electric riding mower.
Brothers, sisters, come on down to that river
Guaranteed you'll never be the same
There's a fountain flowing from the heart of the Savior
Bring your sins and all your guilty stains
Let that river of life wash it all away

River of Life - Mac Powell

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #63 on: April 28, 2024, 12:59:29 am »
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #64 on: April 28, 2024, 01:11:00 am »
I do research from all sides and talk with industry heads. The amount of misinformation regarding EV's/solar in conservative sites is frightening.
Someone is always  posting blogs from the Heartland Inst.  on FR bashing ev's and renewables.

You do know Heartland waw started by Phillip Morris as a lobbying group to combat the anti tobacco agenda in the 80's?  They received 875k from Exxon. I pick apart their blogs all the time.

If you only get your info from rw sites you will become ignorant and stupid. SRS, you need to read sources from the left, middle and right to be informed. Michell Malkin said it best. . She said 70% of the people out there with blogs and such (Bongino/Carlson) are liberals or moderates in real life but making money of gullible people is a huge money maker.

But ok, tell the ceo of Stihl who said the people prefer electric and the industry is not going that way that he is wrong.

I was an environmental manager at a petrochemical plant for one of the largest companies  and can honestly with 100% certainty that 99% of the garbage you've spewed tonight is utter bullshit.  I've dealt with this issue 40 years.  But your head is so far up your ass, you aren't worth my time explaining it. Which I have done sucessfully for decades.

Your gullibility in buying into the scam is a work of art by itself. 
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #65 on: April 28, 2024, 01:14:31 am »

So you say, and yet you come up with the most ridiculous conclusions.

For example, B&D is getting some nice virtue-signalling subsidies for the 15 acres of former farmland it just covered with solar panels, but the excess juice from that wasted land is hardly going to scale to cover even a percentage of the overall U.S. transportation fleet.  Nor are 177 natural gas plants - most of which are most likely replacing current coal and NG plants which have been forced out of operation by green-fascists in the EPA.

In order to scale EVs the way unicorn-fart huffers think is possible, the U.S. alone would need at least 700 full-size nuclear power plants.  And that is not happening.  So no, EVs are not going to replace ICEs because they have some natural superiority - we will simply end up making ground transportation once again the purview of the rich and government officialdom, because there won't be enough electricity available.

And that doesn't even begin to get us into the environmental damage those sorts of solar panel idiocies will cause, along with the environmental damage that wind farms are already creating.

So no, you don't do actual research, else you'd have factored those things into account.  Instead, you parrot the liberal virtue-signalling party line.

Go away, and take your political propaganda with you.

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #66 on: April 28, 2024, 01:15:29 am »
I'll call a pig with lipstick a pig with lipstick.  Sorry if that offends.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #67 on: April 28, 2024, 01:21:08 am »
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #68 on: April 28, 2024, 01:29:45 am »
You do know Heartland waw started by Phillip Morris as a lobbying group to combat the anti tobacco agenda in the 80's?  They received 875k from Exxon

Citation please..... 
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online banddag

« Reply #69 on: April 28, 2024, 02:10:44 am »
Fifteen acres that could be used to grow food. What an absolute waste of land and those promoting going green are tying to convince people that they're saving the planet.  What a crock.

2 million acres are lost every year in the US to new home construction and for building industrial buildings.  15 acres is nothing and B&D  is selling back excess power and making $400k per year  These companies are doing this not for virtue signaling but it makes economic sense. The B&D plant was built on farmland itself. The plant that makes products there made them in China. Do you want the jobs or not?

If you feel so bad about farmland being used up, year down your home that was most likely farmland at one time and plant corn on your lot

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #70 on: April 28, 2024, 02:20:17 am »

Word.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline DB

« Reply #71 on: April 28, 2024, 02:25:21 am »
Industry is for electrical products because they are cheaper to make. Head of GM said the typical EV uses a 1/3 of labor and 1/2 the parts of a gas vehicle. Follow the money as Rush always aid. It's all about maximizing profit and minimizing cost.
Then recent strikes was mainly about EV's because the unions saw EV's  would eliminate much of their jobs,

If that were even remotely true it wouldn't require government to twist everyone's arms to do it. People would be flocking to lower cost better solutions. It simply isn't true.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #72 on: April 28, 2024, 02:30:51 am »
My BIL is a retired 3 tar general and is now VP of a major defense contactor. All future military vehicles. is going EV  because the advantages are superior over diesel on the battlefield.

Your BIL is saying what he needs to say to keep his job and keep those defense dept dollars flowing.  But what he says about EVs being superior to diesel is complete bullshit.  How far can an M1 go on batteries?  And how do you charge it 30 miles into enemy territory with no power lines in sight?  A fuel truck can make it there in an hour.  Repairing power lines and bringing in a charging platform would take weeks.  Not only that, every electric vehicle in an entire battle zone can be taken out with one EMP device.

If your BIL is really saying this, then he should be ashamed of himself for wasting US taxpayer dollars on such a poorly thought out policy.  Why not start out with the Air Force first to see how viable electric planes and helicopters work out.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #73 on: April 28, 2024, 02:34:46 am »
Industry is for electrical products because they are cheaper to make. Head of GM said the typical EV uses a 1/3 of labor and 1/2 the parts of a gas vehicle. Follow the money as Rush always said.

Yes, let's follow the money.  Even with 1/3 the labor cost and 1/2 the parts, electric vehicles cost considerably more even with hefty government subsidies.  Which is why ICE vehicles make more economic sense, at least to those who buy them.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #74 on: April 28, 2024, 02:35:49 am »
2 million acres are lost every year in the US to new home construction and for building industrial buildings.  15 acres is nothing and B&D  is selling back excess power and making $400k per year  These companies are doing this not for virtue signaling but it makes economic sense. The B&D plant was built on farmland itself. The plant that makes products there made them in China. Do you want the jobs or not?

If you feel so bad about farmland being used up, year down your home that was most likely farmland at one time and plant corn on your lot

15 acres to generate a paltry 4.3 MW is a lot, particularly when the heat island effect is taken into account.  It's a really environmentally unfriendly way to generate electricity.