Author Topic: New Analysis Shows Just How Bad Electric Trucks Are For Business  (Read 142 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
New Analysis Shows Just How Bad Electric Trucks Are For Business

WILL KESSLER
CONTRIBUTOR
May 08, 2024

Converting America’s medium- and heavy-duty trucks to electric vehicles (EV) in accordance with goals from the Biden administration would add massive costs to commercial trucking, according to a new analysis released Wednesday.

The cost to switch over to light-duty EVs like a transit van would equate to a 5% increase in costs per year while switching over medium- and heavy-duty trucks would add up to 114% in costs per year to already struggling businesses, according to a report from transportation and logistics company Ryder Systems. The Biden administration, in an effort to facilitate a transition to EVs, finalized new emission standards in March that would require a huge number of heavy-duty vehicles to be electric or zero-emission by 2032 and has created a plan to roll out charging infrastructure across the country. (RELATED: Budget Airline Posts Huge Loss After Biden Admin Tanks Merger)

“There are specific applications where EV adoption makes sense today, but the use cases are still limited,” Karen Jones, executive vice president at Ryder, said in an accompanying press release. “Yet we’re facing regulations aimed at accelerating broader EV adoption when the technology and infrastructure are still developing. Until the gap in TCT for heavier-duty vehicles is narrowed or closed, we cannot expect many companies to make the transition, and, if required to convert in today’s market, we face more supply chain disruptions, transportation cost increases, and additional inflationary pressure.”

https://dailycaller.com/2024/05/08/new-analysis-shows-bad-electric-trucks-are-for-business/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Re: New Analysis Shows Just How Bad Electric Trucks Are For Business
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2024, 03:49:24 pm »
To the Global Climate Change Syndicate, the cost to the unwashed masses is irrelevant ...

////00000////

... because many are limousine liberal hypocrites.

A few extra dollars of someone else's money is a small price to be paid so the limousine liberal hypocrites can bask in the glow of their own fraudulent virtuosity.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.