Author Topic: If You Don’t Build It, They Will Come: The BorderLine  (Read 137 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
If You Don’t Build It, They Will Come: The BorderLine
« on: March 29, 2024, 03:55:46 pm »
SECURITYCOMMENTARY
If You Don’t Build It, They Will Come: The BorderLine
Simon Hankinson / March 28, 2024

COMMENTARY BY
Simon Hankinson

Over the past 18 months, The Daily Signal’s Virginia Allen and I have visited the border from the Gulf of Mexico to the Pacific Ocean. What we saw in all our travels was the same: President Joe Biden’s deliberate abandonment of every measure that has worked in the past to reduce incentives for illegal immigration, combined with diminished enforcement of immigration law in the interior, has attracted economic migrants from all over the globe.

People from over 180 countries who want to enter the U.S. but have no legal basis to do so know that the Biden administration will let them in and allow them to stay, so they come. It’s as simple as that.

Last week, we were in San Diego County, California. On the first day, we started about 60 miles inland from the Pacific Ocean at Jacumba Hot Springs, visiting spots along the border wall:

The next day, we went to a San Diego bus station to see busloads of illegal aliens being released after cursory processing by the Department of Homeland Security:

https://www.dailysignal.com/2024/03/28/you-dont-build-will-come-borderline/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson