Author Topic: Hail Hath No Fury: Why Climate Change And Solar Farms Don’t Mix  (Read 132 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Hail Hath No Fury: Why Climate Change And Solar Farms Don’t Mix
by Pete Colan  Mar 28, 2024 in News And Opinion, Renewables

I just ran across a news story about a massive solar “farm” in Texas destroyed by hail. I will use the word “farm” only twice in this article in association with solar panels because that’s what everyone likes to call them, but putting solar panels on a vacant field is an insult to “farming,” so I’m going to call it a solar field instead. [emphasis, links added]

I then internet-searched “hailstorm destroys solar farm” (that’s the last time I’m using those two words together) and clicked on “Images.”

Stunning is the only word that comes to mind. This is not the first time delicate solar fields have been destroyed by nature — it’s happening all over.

But wait!  “Anthropogenic climate change” causes more frequent and more harsh hailstorms according to published studies like this one:

https://climatechangedispatch.com/hail-hath-no-fury-why-climate-change-and-solar-farms-dont-mix/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson