Author Topic: A Renewables-Based Electricity System Will Work  (Read 222 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
A Renewables-Based Electricity System Will Work
« on: March 29, 2024, 11:07:48 am »
A Renewables-Based Electricity System Will Work
March 24, 2024/ Francis Menton

The single biggest problem with the Left’s “climate” agenda is that the proposed response to the alleged crisis — replacement of fossil fuels in the energy system with intermittent wind-and-sun-based electricity generation — is not going to work.  This is obvious to anyone who considers the subject seriously for any amount of time.  Yet any mention of this issue has been almost completely banished from the mainstream media, from academia, from government, and from social media.  It remains to a few lonely voices (such as, here in New York, myself, Roger Caiazza, and Ken Girardin of the Empire Center) to keep the subject in the public consciousness.

As small and lonely as our voices may be, somehow we must be getting under their skin.  We know that because increasingly officialdom feels a need to respond publicly to our criticisms.  But how can they give a plausible response, given that we are absolutely right and a wind-and-sun-based electricity system is never going to work?  Easy! — Just treat the public like morons.  Give answers that don’t make any sense while appealing to apparent authority, and expect the public to accept the answers without asking probing questions.

On March 17, Ken Girardin of the Empire Center think tank picked up on a press release just issued from an agency called NYSERDA (New York State Energy Research and Development Agency — the people in charge of the transition to “renewable” energy in New York) requesting proposals for what are described as “Public Relations Services” to assist “in developing a narrative around New York State’s clean energy and climate priorities.”  In the next breath, NYSERDA discloses that a focus of the public relations effort will be “being able to rapidly respond to negative viewpoints and perceptions about the State’s climate and clean energy goals under the Climate Act, the costs associated with the Climate Act, and challenges to particular policies and programs.”  Funny how these negative “viewpoints and perceptions” keep popping up.  NYSERDA indicates that it is initially putting up $500,000 of taxpayer money to fund this effort, although it “reserves the right to extend and/or add funding to the Solicitation should other program funding sources become available.”  Responses are due April 8.

https://www.manhattancontrarian.com/blog/2024-3-24-officialdom-responds-to-doubts-that-a-renewable-based-electricity-system-will-work
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Re: A Renewables-Based Electricity System Will Work
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2024, 10:04:06 pm »
How about coal?

- Load up the empty coal train, send it to the power plant.
- The train comes back empty.
- Load it up again, and send it back.

What could be more "renewable" than that...?