Author Topic: Start Walking: Democrat-run NYC Approves $15 Toll on Cars Entering Manhattan  (Read 1067 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Start Walking: Democrat-run NYC Approves $15 Toll on Cars Entering Manhattan

SIMON KENT28 Mar 2024981

Democrat-run New York is poised to become the first U.S. city to hit drivers with punitive tolls after transit officials on Wednesday approved a $15 fee for most motorists headed to the busiest part of Manhattan.

AP reports members of the Metropolitan Transportation Authority board approved the congestion pricing impost, expected to go into effect in June.

The board waved through only minor changes to a plan presented to the public months ago while rejecting all requests for exceptions by dozens of groups of commuters.

The vote authorizes a $15 toll on most commuter passenger vehicles each and every time they drive into Manhattan south of 60th Street, a zone that’s south of Central Park, during daytime hours.

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2024/03/28/start-walking-democrat-run-nyc-approves-15-toll-on-cars-entering-manhattan/
« Last Edit: March 28, 2024, 04:59:34 pm by rangerrebew »
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
This should have the same enriching effect on NYC that wokeness has on military recruiting. :thumbsdown:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson