Author Topic: Joe Biden’s Campaign Speech in North Carolina Was a Disaster  (Read 196 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Joe Biden’s Campaign Speech in North Carolina Was a Disaster
MATT MARGOLIS | 9:33 AM ON MARCH 27, 2024

Remember how Democrats rushed to the television cameras after Joe Biden's State of the Union address, shouting, "See? He's vigorous! He can totally handle the presidency!"

Now, as we've previously reported, some expert opinion holds that Biden's team medicated him for the speech. Even if we ignore that, it's amusing how Democrats have hinged their entire argument that Biden is physically and mentally capable of handling the presidency on just one speech, and they dare to believe that the issue is thereby settled.

The problem with this argument is that Biden still has to go out there and campaign, and the same public that saw him at the State of the Union earlier this month will also see his later performances — like his campaign speech in North Carolina on Tuesday, which was a disaster. Let me put it this way: after that speech, he should just give up on trying to flip the state.

Currently, Donald Trump has a +4.4 spread in the RealClearPolitics average in North Carolina and has led in every single poll there for a year now. Biden had a +3.0 spread there at this point in 2020. But let's get back to the campaign speech.

https://pjmedia.com/matt-margolis/2024/03/27/joe-bidens-campaign-speech-in-north-carolina-was-a-disaster-n4927683#google_vignette
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson