Author Topic: Mississippi Secretary of State accuses investment company of fraudulent actions  (Read 184 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor

Mississippi Secretary of State accuses investment company of fraudulent actions

JACKSON, Miss. (WJTV) – Mississippi Secretary of State Michael Watson (R-Miss.) and the Securities Division of his office issued a Summary Cease and Desist Order against BlackRock, Inc.

The multinational investment company was also issued a Notice of Intent to Impose Administrative Penalty.

Watson said the Securities Division seeks to stop BlackRock’s alleged fraudulent actions and impose a multimillion-dollar administrative penalty.

BlackRock provides exchange-traded funds (ETFs), or pooled investments categorized as securities, and currently manages over $9 trillion in investments through 70 offices in 30 countries. Watson said the company recently asserted itself as a leader in the investment industry to promote environmental, social, and governance (ESG) factors on portfolio companies.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/other/mississippi-secretary-of-state-accuses-investment-company-of-fraudulent-actions/ar-BB1kDUGd
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson