Author Topic: Illinois parole board members resign after releasing man who stabbed 11-year-old to death in less th  (Read 257 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
AMERICAN NEWS Mar 27, 2024
Illinois parole board members resign after releasing man who stabbed 11-year-old to death in less than 24 hours
Brand had been serving 16 years for home invasion and aggravated assault.

Illinois parole board members resign after releasing man who stabbed 11-year-old to death in less than 24 hours

The Post Millennial
Mar 27, 2024

A board member and chair of the Illinois Prisoner Review Board resigned after freeing a man who went on to fatally stab his ex-girlfriend’s 11-year-old son less than 24 hours after he was released.

According to CBS 2, board chair Donald Shelton and board member LeAnn Miller resigned Monday following the March 13 murder of Jayden Perkins, who was stabbed in the chest allegedly by the recently released prisoner.

Crosetti Brand (37) allegedly ambushed Perkins and his pregnant mother, Laterria Smith, who was his ex-girlfriend, at their home after he was granted parole from the Stateville Correctional Center.

Smith (33) was stabbed in the neck during the attack but survived.

https://thepostmillennial.com/illinois-parole-board-members-resign-after-releasing-man-who-stabbed-11-year-old-to-death-in-less-than-24-hours#google_vignette
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
He probably told the parole board he had found God. :tongue2:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Me thinks Jelly Belly Prickster needed a couple of fall guys.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.