Author Topic: NYC Begs Supreme Court to Allow Over 800,000 Illegal Immigrants to Vote  (Read 709 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
NYC Begs Supreme Court to Allow Over 800,000 Illegal Immigrants to Vote
Sarah Arnold

The New York City council is asking the state’s Supreme Court to allow illegal immigrants to vote in the city’s municipal elections.

In 2021, then-Mayor Bill de Blasio signed a law that would have allowed 800,000 non-citizens with green cards, visas, and work permits to vote as long as they have resided in the city for at least 30 consecutive days.

However, the controversial law was struck down last month by an appellate court.

New York City Council spokesperson Rendy Desamour arrived in court on Tuesday to beg the Supreme Court of the State of New York to override the rulings and allow the council to start authorizing illegal immigrants to vote.

“Today’s filing to appeal the Second Department’s recent decision seeks a determination from the state’s highest court that the law is consistent with the State Constitution, Election Law, and the Municipal Home Rule Law,” Desamour said. “Empowering New Yorkers to participate in our local democratic process can only strengthen New York City by increasing civic engagement.”

The council argued that illegal immigrants living in the city should be able to vote because they pay taxes and make contributions to the community.

more
https://townhall.com/tipsheet/saraharnold/2024/03/27/nyc-begs-courts-to-allow-over-800000-foreign-nationals-to-vote-n2637044
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
It's all "part of the plan".

First:
Allow illegals to vote in municipal elections.

Then:
Get them to vote in certain state elections.

Finally:
... Do I have to say it?

Online libertybele

It's all "part of the plan".

First:
Allow illegals to vote in municipal elections.

Then:
Get them to vote in certain state elections.

Finally:
... Do I have to say it?

I've been sounding that alarm for decades!
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
"We iz da wurld......
We iz da peep-pulls....."

C'mon and sang hit  wid me,comrades!
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online libertybele

"We iz da wurld......
We iz da peep-pulls....."

C'mon and sang hit  wid me,comrades!

Ya know when I first joined this forum I used to sing right along with you @sneakypete  - I just can't manage to see the humor anymore.

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Sure, they can vote.

Just go back to wherever they came from and vote there.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Ya know when I first joined this forum I used to sing right along with you @sneakypete  - I just can't manage to see the humor anymore.

@libertybele

Ya just sing with  sarcasm,not sincerity.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online libertybele

@libertybele

Ya just sing with  sarcasm,not sincerity.

I get it ... it's an issue as you know that just hits a raw nerve.