Author Topic: Michigan ground zero as Biden pivots to left on Israel  (Read 376 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Michigan ground zero as Biden pivots to left on Israel
« on: March 28, 2024, 01:29:54 pm »
Michigan ground zero as Biden pivots to left on Israel
By
Haisten Willis
March 28, 2024 7:00 am

President Joe Biden knows Michigan will be crucial if he’s going to win a second term in the White House, and it is ground zero for the domestic political implications of U.S. policy on Israel and Gaza.

A Bloomberg News/Morning Consult poll finds the race between Biden and Donald Trump tied after the former president had been ahead in the swing state for weeks.

Michigan made headlines following its Democratic primary for the more than 100,000 voters who wrote in “uncommitted” as a protest vote against Biden’s strong support for Israel. The president has been more equivocal in recent weeks when speaking about the Israel-Hamas war.

“They have a point,” Biden said Tuesday when pro-Palestinian protesters interrupted him during a speech in North Carolina. “We need to get a lot more care into Gaza.”

Biden initially outlined a strongly pro-Israel stance following the Oct. 7, 2023, Hamas terrorist attacks, recalling his first trip to the country in 1973 and flying in to meet with Israeli leaders the next week.

But pro-Palestinian protests have followed the president at nearly every stop in the months since, and the “uncommitted” campaign in Michigan threatens his stance in a critical “blue wall” state this November.

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/campaigns/2941923/michigan-ground-zero-as-biden-pivots-on-israel/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online LMAO

Re: Michigan ground zero as Biden pivots to left on Israel
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2024, 02:32:17 pm »
Easily predicted

It’s tough for Biden to win without Mi. And he can’t afford for his pro HAMAS wing to stay home on election night.

And he already has the “Jewish” vote

« Last Edit: March 28, 2024, 02:33:29 pm by LMAO »
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2024, 02:50:42 pm »
Easily predicted

It’s tough for Biden to win without Mi. And he can’t afford for his pro HAMAS wing to stay home on election night.

And he already has the “Jewish” vote

This election is sounding and feeling a whole lot more by the day like 1968.  Humphrey faced the same predicaments.  Let's hope those trends hve the same results.  Humphrey had a nemisis in Eugene McCarthy, while his role in 2024 is being played by The Squad.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2024, 02:58:37 pm by catfish1957 »
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2024, 02:56:56 pm »
Joe can't have his cake and eat it too.  That being said, he'll continue to back-stab Israel and praise the pro-hamas MI muzzies.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online LMAO

« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2024, 12:00:01 am »
Joe can't have his cake and eat it too.  That being said, he'll continue to back-stab Israel and praise the pro-hamas MI muzzies.

This is a calculated move. It would be one that I would do if I was in his position.

I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2024, 02:43:44 am »
Sucking up to Dearbornistan.

Might as well call a spade a spade.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis