Author Topic: Eleven people arrested at Air Force base gate  (Read 190 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Eleven people arrested at Air Force base gate
« on: March 28, 2024, 01:29:37 pm »
Eleven people arrested at Air Force base gate
March 26, 2024

Lynzie Lowe
The Reporter, Vacaville, Calif.
(TNS)

Eleven people were arrested Friday after attempting to block entry to Travis Air Force Base during an anti-war protest.

According to Fairfield Police Department officials, a group of about 20 people gathered near the intersection of Air Base Parkway and Parker Road at approximately 6 a.m. that morning.

“The group initially stayed on the shoulder and center median while bringing attention to their cause,” read a release issued by the department. “Just after 7 a.m., members of the group entered the crosswalk across Air Base Parkway and remained there, blocking traffic attempting to enter the main gate of the base.”

At that time, officials said additional group members also blocked the hospital gate entrance to the base.

https://popularmilitary.com/eleven-people-arrested-at-air-force-base-gate/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: Eleven people arrested at Air Force base gate
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2024, 01:30:19 pm »
Shades of Viet Nam! :facepalm2:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson