Author Topic: Unity or Division?  (Read 150 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Unity or Division?
« on: March 28, 2024, 01:09:48 pm »
Unity or Division?
By John Admire
March 28, 2024
FR170526 AP
Is the fate of democracy and freedom in America in jeopardy? Is the decline and demise of America inevitable?

These questions contain words, or dangers, few are willing to acknowledge. They are ominous words or thoughts in their rhetoric; they are more so in their possible reality.

Yet, we must address and resolve them. We are perilously and uncomfortably close to squandering the beliefs and values that have made us one in America.

A former Secretary of State was recently asked this paraphrased question: “What keeps you awake at night? Russia, China, communism, terrorism?” The Secretary replied, “None of these. It is America that keeps me awake at night.”   

https://www.realcleardefense.com/articles/2024/03/28/unity_or_division_1021445.html
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Washington’s Farewell Address described unity as a “main pillar” of independence
by: Mark Maxwell

Posted: Feb 27, 2022 / 02:35 PM CST

Updated: Feb 27, 2022 / 02:35 PM CST

SPRINGFIELD, Ill. (NEXSTAR) — In his famous Farewell Address of 1796, America’s founding father and first president George Washington urged his fellow countrymen to prioritize national unity over political or cultural divisions, and described that unity as a “main pillar” of our independence.

https://www.wcia.com/news/capitol-news/washingtons-farewell-address-described-unity-as-a-main-pillar-of-independence/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson