Author Topic: Trump to Join Wake Honoring Slain NYPD Officer as Biden Attends Fundraiser  (Read 2915 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Trump to Join Wake Honoring Slain NYPD Officer as Biden Attends Fundraiser

Simon Kent 28 Mar 2024

Former President Donald Trump will join Thursday’s wake of a New York City police officer gunned down in the line of duty as the presumed Republican 2024 candidate makes crime in Democrat cities a focus of his third tilt at the White House.

As Trump honors the fallen, President Joe Biden will also be in New York attending a fundraiser with Democratic ex-presidents Bill Clinton and Barack Obama.

AP reports the visitation for Officer Jonathan Diller, who was fatally shot during a traffic stop on Monday, will be held in suburban Massapequa.

Police said 31-year-old Diller was shot below his bulletproof vest while approaching an illegally parked car in Queens.

Diller, who was married and had a 1-year-old son, was rushed to a hospital where he died.

Trump has long deplored crime in heavily Democrat-run cities and wants to immunize police officers from lawsuits for potential misconduct as they tackle the problem.

Trump’s campaign did not offer more details about his appearance or whether he planned to speak.

“President Trump is moved by the invitation to join NYPD Officer Jonathan Diller’s family and colleagues as they deal with his senseless and tragic death,” Trump campaign spokesperson Karoline Leavitt said in a statement.

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2024/03/28/trump-to-join-wake-honoring-slain-nypd-officer-as-biden-attends-fundraiser/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Dear President Trump,

Please do NOT let the Protection Detail lead you through the hotel kitchen to arrive at the podium. /s
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Timber Rattler

• Conservative Purist and Patriot
« Last Edit: March 28, 2024, 01:19:01 pm by Timber Rattler »
aka "nasty degenerate SOB," "worst of the worst at Free Republic," "Garbage Troll," "Neocon Warmonger," "Filthy Piece of Trash," "damn $#%$#@!," "Silly f'er," "POS," "war pig," "neocon scumbag," "insignificant little ankle nipper," "@ss-clown," "neocuck," "termite," "Uniparty Deep stater," "Never Trump sack of dog feces," "avid Bidenista," "filthy Ukrainian," "war whore," "fricking chump," psychopathic POS, and depraved SOB.

"In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act."  ---George Orwell

"If you want peace, prepare for war." ---Flavius Vegetius Renatus

Online DCPatriot

Trump calling the widow and paying off her mortgage was decent, I'll give him credit for that.  I think he does love New York City, after all is said and done.

Gimme a break!   His love isn't limited to just New York City. 

That said, he completely out-maneuvered Tunnell to Towers Foundation on this.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Timber Rattler

• Conservative Purist and Patriot
Gimme a break!   His love isn't limited to just New York City. 

Oh shut up.
aka "nasty degenerate SOB," "worst of the worst at Free Republic," "Garbage Troll," "Neocon Warmonger," "Filthy Piece of Trash," "damn $#%$#@!," "Silly f'er," "POS," "war pig," "neocon scumbag," "insignificant little ankle nipper," "@ss-clown," "neocuck," "termite," "Uniparty Deep stater," "Never Trump sack of dog feces," "avid Bidenista," "filthy Ukrainian," "war whore," "fricking chump," psychopathic POS, and depraved SOB.

"In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act."  ---George Orwell

"If you want peace, prepare for war." ---Flavius Vegetius Renatus

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
I'll give kudos to DJT, for participating,  but the problem is, is his mouth.  If he turns this into a campaign rally, or says something really dumb, this will backfire badly.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher

Do you understand what you just said?   **nononono*
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online LMAO

I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
I'll give kudos to DJT, for participating,  but the problem is, is his mouth.  If he turns this into a campaign rally, or says something really dumb, this will backfire badly.

It would behoove trump to let his actions speak louder than his words.  However, most times, he gets the order of those two mixed up.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online DCPatriot

Oh shut up.

@Timber Rattler   @catfish1957

???   

You think you're showing deference... finally give President Trump kudos for something he did?  Is this supposed to show all of us how you give credit where credit is due while the rest of the time you savage him? Because that's certainly how it comes across.

You don't think T2T wouldn't have tripped over themselves paying off the widow's mortgage?  They would have made a commercial about it.  All non-profits have other agendas...and yes, I know that 100% of the donations are going to the families of the fallen.

President Trump doing this without fanfare, 7 months from the Election is calculated.  It's also brilliant.

It's also the reason he insists on showing up in person to his court hearings instead of just sending his lawyers.

A smile and a wave to the crowd caught in a photo deflates the entire news cycle at that moment.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2024, 04:17:40 pm by DCPatriot »

Online DCPatriot

See?  You can't even pay the man a compliment without throwing in your standard criticism of the man.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
President Trump doing this without fanfare, 7 months from the Election is calculated.  It's also brilliant.

So it's all about his campaigning prowess to you.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online deb

• Sinner saved by grace.
Trump calling the widow and paying off her mortgage was decent, I'll give him credit for that.  I think he does love New York City, after all is said and done.

https://twitter.com/Sea_Glass1115/status/1772971093483004363?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1772971093483004363%7Ctwgr%5E9647ef13624064cadb101a06aee1834a13bd99b5%7Ctwcon%5Es1_&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fhotair.com%2Fkaren-townsend%2F2024%2F03%2F28%2Ftrump-to-attend-wake-of-slain-nyc-police-officer-n3785533

“While she was in his office, the  Port Authority president said there was a call for her. It was Trump.
A few minutes after that she got a call from Tunnel To Towers and they are paying off her mortgage.”

Am I missing something here? The tweet leads me to believe that T2T paid off the mortgage. Trump called first. T2T called after Trump and paid the money.
Brothers, sisters, come on down to that river
Guaranteed you'll never be the same
There's a fountain flowing from the heart of the Savior
Bring your sins and all your guilty stains
Let that river of life wash it all away

River of Life - Mac Powell

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.

“While she was in his office, the  Port Authority president said there was a call for her. It was Trump.
A few minutes after that she got a call from Tunnel To Towers and they are paying off her mortgage.”

Am I missing something here? The tweet leads me to believe that T2T paid off the mortgage. Trump called first. T2T called after Trump and paid the money.

The X post makes zero sense.   Poorly composed and lacking any real fact. 

Online DCPatriot

@mystery-ak

Not at all.  He's the master of the soundbite.  There's nobody better.

His concern and love for the family and Americans is genuine...and I think you have a lot of nerve coming out and challenging me...of all people.

Nobody on this forum loves Donald Trump more than I do.  NOBODY!

But I also recognize the corner in which he paints the adversarial media and Trump haters across the land by doing this.

Online deb

• Sinner saved by grace.
The X post makes zero sense.   Poorly composed and lacking any real fact.

https://www.foxnews.com/media/tunnel-towers-barstool-step-help-family-slain-nypd-officer-leaves-behind-wife-1-year-old

Sounds like T2T and Barstool are donating the money. Nothing about DJT doing that. It was very kind of him to get in touch with the family.

Offline Lando Lincoln

It seems this thread got caught in the vortex very quickly.
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Offline Right_in_Virginia

edited:  Nevermind.

« Last Edit: March 28, 2024, 05:47:27 pm by Right_in_Virginia »

Online mountaineer

NYPD Tells City Council to Stay Away From Slain Officer's Funeral
Earlier today, Karen wrote about Donald Trump's plans to attend the funeral of NYPD Officer Jonathan Diller and mourn with his family.

Officer Diller was shot and killed by Guy Rivera, a career criminal with 21 prior arrests for assault and drug crimes. Rivera was repeatedly released through New York City's revolving door that passes for a legal system.

Attending the funeral is a natural call for Trump to make as he continues to push for enhancements to law enforcement and support for the police. There are some other notable politicians who probably won't be at the funeral however, provided they take the advice of the NYPD. The New York City Sergeants Benevolent Association has issued a warning to the City Council to stay away from the funeral if they know what's good for them.

They are blaming the people responsible for kneecapping the police for Officer Diller's death, along with so many other New Yorkers who have been injured or killed by career criminals who are never held accountable for their crimes. ...
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online mountaineer

Trump gave T2T the money to pay off the mortgage, according to this report.

https://twitter.com/KarluskaP/status/1773411963273425013
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Right_in_Virginia

BREAKING: Donald Trump arrives at the wake of slain NYPD officer Jonathan Diller while Joe Biden, Barack Obama and Bill Clinton are also in New York, but at a fundraiser with Lizzo (Video)

https://twitter.com/bennyjohnson/status/1773411382538473596?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

Offline catfish1957

• Political Researcher
See?  You can't even pay the man a compliment without throwing in your standard criticism of the man.

@DCPatriot

This event has two very different components to it.......

1. The fact that DJT paid off her mortgage is an incredibly generous gesture, and deserves huge accolades.

2. but you know when he is "winging" it, he can be his own worst enemy.  If he shows any political proclivity at all at this wake, it will come across as pandering and opportunistic.  Don't think of this as criticism, but  a strong suggestion of proper PR.

Offline libertybele

Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online deb

• Sinner saved by grace.
Trump gave T2T the money to pay off the mortgage, according to this report.

https://twitter.com/KarluskaP/status/1773411963273425013

If true, that was incredibly generous of him.

Online Wingnut

Good for Trump.  Prayers up for the family.

If true, that was incredibly generous of him.

He will be speaking to the press after the service.   Lets see if he pisses away all the good will from the T2T collaboration by saying something stupid as shit.