Author Topic: U.S. Pledges $170 Million to Guatemala to Keep Migrants at Home  (Read 167 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
U.S. Pledges $170 Million to Guatemala to Keep Migrants at Home
By
Juan Martinez
March 28, 2024
During his Washington visit, Guatemalan President Bernardo Arévalo secured a $170 million pledge from the U.S.

This fund will enhance health, development, and security in Guatemala, aiming to address migration’s root causes.

Arévalo’s discussions with Vice President Kamala Harris and later, President Joe Biden, focused on key issues like migration and anti-corruption efforts.

Biden highlighted the reinforced U.S.-Guatemala partnership in his X post.

https://www.riotimesonline.com/u-s-pledges-170-million-to-guatemala-to-keep-migrants-at-home/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: U.S. Pledges $170 Million to Guatemala to Keep Migrants at Home
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2024, 12:38:51 pm »
Oh please!!  Does anyone believe for one second Guatemala is going to stop anyone from leaving while it rakes in millions?  That means they have fewer people to care for and more money, if it doesn't get to the presidente's bank account first.
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson