Author Topic: US Immigration Surged So Rapidly That It Beat Out Biden Admin Projections By Decades  (Read 152 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
US Immigration Surged So Rapidly That It Beat Out Biden Admin Projections By Decades

JAKE SMITH
CONTRIBUTOR
March 28, 2024

Immigration into the U.S. has risen so rapidly that it beat out federal projections by decades, according to a report from the Center for Immigration Studies (CIS) released on Thursday.

The total number of immigrants in the U.S. rose to a record high of 51.4 million as of February 2024, representing 15.5% of the total population,according to CIS. The U.S. Census Bureau published projections in November which estimated that the share of foreign-born nationals in the U.S. would not reach 15.5% until at least 2039, making the projections “obsolete,” CIS authors Steven Camarota and Karen Zeigler wrote. (RELATED: Biden Considering Granting Amnesty, Handing Out Green Cards To Illegal Immigrants)

The 15.5% includes both immigrants who are in the U.S. legally and those who are undocumented or are in the country illegally, according to a CIS review of the Census Bureau’s Current Population Survey (CPS). Illegal migrants account for roughly 25% of the 51.4 million total number of foreign nationals currently living in the U.S., the other 75% being in the country legally.

The number of U.S.-based immigrants grew by 6.4 million under the Biden administration alone, according to CIS. It is estimated more than half of the 6.4 million are illegal immigrants, which is larger than the individual population sizes of 33 different states.

https://dailycaller.com/2024/03/28/biden-census-bureau-projections-immigrants-living-us-obsolete-report/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson