Author Topic: California Floating Wind Turbines? Environmental Pushback  (Read 133 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
California Floating Wind Turbines? Environmental Pushback
« on: April 03, 2024, 10:36:51 am »
California Floating Wind Turbines? Environmental Pushback
By Robert Bradley Jr. -- April 2, 2024

β€œIt is entirely possible that the total costs to build, maintain and replace units every 20+ years (at end of service) would be prohibitive compared to other sources of energy. Beyond these cost considerations, sources indicate that the turbine blades cannot be recycled and are piling up in landfills. Fossil fuels will also still be needed to maintain the lubrication of these units, and what about potential for spillage?” (Jeff Wyles, below)

The old joke comes to mind: Q: When is an environmentalist not an environmentalist? A: When it comes to wind power.

Make that double for offshore wind, and wild-eyed California politicians are having trouble hiding the problems. Consider a recent op-ed, Rethink Floating Wind Turbine Power Off Our California Coastline?,” an environmental feature of California newspaper MendoFever (February 12, 2024). Jeff Wyles  (Ph.D.: Biology) wrote:

https://www.masterresource.org/california-energy-policy/floating-wind-turbines-california-coastline/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson