Author Topic: The Supremes May Force You to Drive An EV Thanks To The Misnamed Inflation Reduction Act  (Read 274 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
The Supremes May Force You to Drive An EV Thanks To The Misnamed Inflation Reduction Act
by Thomas McArdle  Apr 1, 2024 in EV News, News And Opinion

The Biden administration has just required that the majority of automotive vehicles manufactured be electric by 2032, inflicting upon the American people troublesome cars whose price is an exorbitant $53,500 on average and that cost a fortune to repair. [emphasis, links added]

House Speaker Mike Johnson (R-La.) warned that the move will “devastate auto manufacturers.”

While electric vehicles (EVs) totaled less than 8 percent of sales of new cars last year, the Biden rule demands that they reach as much as 56 percent in less than a decade and as much as 36 percent for plug-in hybrid vehicles.

The regulatory method to be employed is mandating that automakers cut carbon dioxide (CO2) emissions by more than half by eight years from now.

https://climatechangedispatch.com/the-supremes-may-force-you-to-drive-an-ev-thanks-to-the-misnamed-inflation-reduction-act/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
There's only nine of them. They can't 'force' me to do jack shit.

Oh the goon squads might make life difficult, or even end it, but If I dig in my heels, it isn't happening.

There are only about 200 registered EVs in my State. There's a reason.

Cut CO2 emissions by half?  I wonder what the impact of NOT making the required EVs would be.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline LMAO

From the article….

House Speaker Mike Johnson (R-La.) warned that the move will “devastate auto manufacturers.”

Along with American consumers, especially those with lower incomes

For a party that claims to care about the average working person, they sure find a lot of new ways to punish those people
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
  they sure find a lot of new ways to punish those people

Not really, these are masochists.  They enjoy being abused which is why so many of them continue to vote democrat. :yowsa:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson