Author Topic: No, Climate Change Isn’t Behind A Chocolate Easter Egg Crisis  (Read 199 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
No, Climate Change Isn’t Behind A Chocolate Easter Egg Crisis
by H. Sterling Burnett  Mar 27, 2024 in News And Opinion
chocolate easter eggs

The Daily Mail posted an alarming Easter-themed story saying climate change has caused the price of chocolate Easter eggs to increase. This is false.

Chocolate Easter eggs and other chocolate candies have seen prices increase; however, data prove it isn’t due to a shortage of cocoa beans since cocoa production has risen as the Earth has warmed. [emphasis, links added]

If climate change isn’t harming cocoa production, it can’t be behind the rising prices.

“With Easter fast approaching, you might have already begun to notice that Easter eggs are more expensive this year,” opens the Daily Mail’s article, titled Chocolate Easter eggs have risen in price by 50% or more in the UK – and scientists say climate change is to blame. “But this isn’t just due to inflation, as scientists say climate change is a key reason your chocolate is costing more.”

https://climatechangedispatch.com/no-climate-change-isnt-behind-a-chocolate-easter-egg-crisis/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson