Author Topic: Germany’s Alfred Wegener Institute Shows January Arctic Sea Ice Now 20 Years Stable!  (Read 175 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Germany’s Alfred Wegener Institute Shows January Arctic Sea Ice Now 20 Years Stable!
By P Gosselin on 27. March 2024

Winter sea ice in Arctic stable over past 20 years…has even recovered somewhat.
Hat-tip: Klimanachrichten

Arctic sea ice extent as recorded by Germany’s Alfred Wegener Institute (AWI) in Bremerhaven, Germany, looks at the situation in January 2024. Despite the record temperatures reported, the ice in the Arctic has recovered somewhat.

The slight recovery trend since the Arctic minimum was reached is continuing at the beginning of 2024, with the sea ice extent at the beginning of the year below the average value for the years 1981 – 2010, but in the lower range of the extreme values (minimum / maximum) of this international climate normal period (Figure 1).

If we look at the new reference period 1991 – 2020 introduced by the World Meteorological Organization in 2021, January 2024 is roughly in line with the mean value of this period (see interactive graphic). The average Arctic sea ice extent in January was 13.99 million square kilometers, around 400,000 square kilometers greater than the ice cover in January over the last 20 years (Figure 2). During the month, the extent increased by approximately 29,000 square kilometers per day, which was slower than the average increase from 1981 to 2010.”

https://notrickszone.com/2024/03/27/germanys-alfred-wegener-institute-shows-january-arctic-sea-ice-now-20-years-stable/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson