General Category > Science, Technology and Knowledge

A quiet Maine county braces for the eclipse. ‘Where are 20,000 people going to pee?'

<< < (2/3) > >>

mountaineer:

--- Quote from: berdie on March 31, 2024, 11:05:15 pm ---Well, @deb what I am hoping is this is a non-event. Don't know where you are going, but my small county (60,000) has been preparing for about 6-8 months. BUT...the extended forecast says rain and overcast the whole week.
--- End quote ---
It occurred to me yesterday that the eclipse could be a big dud if the sky is overcast. I guess you don't need the special glasses in that case.  :shrug:

deb:
I’m way more excited to see family than the eclipse. My sister and I joked that she and I and the dogs would stay inside the house and the menfolk could go observe with the throngs. I really don’t like crowds.

Sighlass:
I just don't get the big fuss folks make over this. I saw a few, it was ok, but nothing spectacular...

mountaineer:

--- Quote from: Sighlass on April 01, 2024, 01:37:36 am ---I just don't get the big fuss folks make over this. I saw a few, it was ok, but nothing spectacular...
--- End quote ---
Ditto. They're acting like this has never occurred before. So much hype.

Wingnut:
If they burn their retina's out, who will they sue? 

Saw my 1st solar eclipse in 2nd grade.  In school All week leading up to the day we made viewing items to view it.  Cardboard boxes with a pinhole to allow the image to be projected on the inside of the box.  We fabricated eyeglasses with welders style tint. 

Afterwards we sacrificed a virgin to the sun gods.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version