Author Topic: Traffic Lights and Roundabouts  (Read 188 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Traffic Lights and Roundabouts
« on: March 27, 2024, 09:24:15 am »
Traffic Lights and Roundabouts
4 hours ago Guest Blogger 21 Comments

Why the Climate Models will never work

Mike Jonas

The climate models are among the most sophisticated computer models ever developed. Billions of dollars and countless man-hours have been spent on their development. The IPCC references about 70 computer models in its regular climate reports. So the idea that the models will never work may sound absurd. But it’s true, and this article shows why, and to do that it bypasses all the complexity and just goes to the heart of the matter – which is surprisingly simple.

I should point out that I am not the first person to say that the climate models will not work. Many people have done that, for example Robert L Bradley Jr wrote climate models can never work, published in AEIR (American Institute for Economic Research), but somehow the gatekeepers manage to prevent the message from getting through to the general public. The problem is that the proponents of the climate models can use climate’s complexities to obfuscate – for ever.

Cambridge Dictionary: Obfuscate – to make something less clear and harder to understand, especially intentionally.

So, how can I simplify the picture? Let’s start with the statement by the IPCC way back in 2001: “The climate system is a coupled non-linear chaotic system, and therefore the long-term prediction of future climate states is not possible.“. If we could look at another coupled non-linear chaotic system, and understand how the structure used in the climate models could never work for that system, then maybe we could understand why the IPCC made that statement, and why the current set of climate models can never work.

https://wattsupwiththat.com/2024/03/26/traffic-lights-and-roundabouts/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson