Author Topic: Can Texas National Guard Shoot Migrants Crossing Border?  (Read 860 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Can Texas National Guard Shoot Migrants Crossing Border?
« on: March 27, 2024, 09:10:56 am »

Can Texas National Guard Shoot Migrants Crossing Border?
Story by Nick Mordowanec • 15h •

A recent clash between migrants and members of the Texas National Guard at the U.S.-Mexico border prompted calls for retaliatory violence against illegal entrants, though legal sources tell Newsweek that federal and statewide provisions regarding self-defense differ.

On March 21, videos posted on social media showed what was described as hundreds of migrants attempting to illegally enter the country in El Paso, Texas. U.S. Customs and Border Protection corroborated the reports to Newsweek, saying that "a large group of migrants" breached the Texas National Guard's concertina wire barricades located between the Rio Grande and the border wall and were subsequently detained.

The situation, which some viewers described as a riot, led to the migrants being taken into custody at the adjacent border wall. They were transported for processing under Title 8—which outlines processes for handling migrants at the border and allows migrants to lodge asylum claims. Family groups and children were prioritized, CBP said.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/can-texas-national-guard-shoot-migrants-crossing-border/ar-BB1kzzfJ?ocid=msedgdhp&pc=HCTS&cvid=805b9800f7bd45a89194297851294764&ei=15
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Re: Can Texas National Guard Shoot Migrants Crossing Border?
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2024, 09:59:58 pm »
Whether they can or can't may be considered either a legal or moral issue, or both.

But from the standpoint of realism, the only way "the invasion" is ever going to be stopped is by doing whatever is required to stop them. And if that includes gunsmoke...

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2024, 10:07:37 pm »
Whether they can or can't may be considered either a legal or moral issue, or both.

But from the standpoint of realism, the only way "the invasion" is ever going to be stopped is by doing whatever is required to stop them. And if that includes gunsmoke...
My only concern is that the Cartels' coyotes who get fired upon, if that happens, will escalate the level of conflict. It would be bad optics for the Guard (in the current mass media environment) if the Cartels started using 'migrants' as human shields, and I would suspect that short of all out war on our part, the Cartels have as much small arms sophistication and gadgetry as the troops. This is big business, and the notion that they can't pick over the world's arms markets is folly--they likely are very well funded.

In a nutshell, this would lead to the (possibly necessary) all-out war at the border that would be 'reported' in the global(ist) media with the US (or even just Texas) presented as the rogue aggressor, especially considering the precedent this administration has set with regard to illegal entry.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline berdie

« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2024, 10:29:45 pm »
My only concern is that the Cartels' coyotes who get fired upon, if that happens, will escalate the level of conflict. It would be bad optics for the Guard (in the current mass media environment) if the Cartels started using 'migrants' as human shields, and I would suspect that short of all out war on our part, the Cartels have as much small arms sophistication and gadgetry as the troops. This is big business, and the notion that they can't pick over the world's arms markets is folly--they likely are very well funded.

In a nutshell, this would lead to the (possibly necessary) all-out war at the border that would be 'reported' in the global(ist) media with the US (or even just Texas) presented as the rogue aggressor, especially considering the precedent this administration has set with regard to illegal entry.

That is correct. The BP was demonized not long ago for whipping illegals with the reins of their horses. That did not happen. Just think what would happen if the shooting started and a child was killed. Katy Bar The Door.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2024, 10:44:53 pm »
Smokin Joe wrote:
"My only concern is that the Cartels' coyotes who get fired upon, if that happens, will escalate the level of conflict. It would be bad optics for the Guard (in the current mass media environment) if the Cartels started using 'migrants' as human shields, and I would suspect that short of all out war on our part, the Cartels have as much small arms sophistication and gadgetry as the troops. This is big business, and the notion that they can't pick over the world's arms markets is folly--they likely are very well funded."

I know I've posted this a few times already, but read THIS book:

... and your words above will "fit right in"...

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2024, 10:44:55 pm »

That is correct. The BP was demonized not long ago for whipping illegals with the reins of their horses. That did not happen. Just think what would happen if the shooting started and a child was killed. Katy Bar The Door.
For the same reason, discharging firearms in the direction of the border runners would bee a bad deal. Shooting over their heads puts the bullets downrange somewhere, and even if they did not hit anyone, I'm sure the cartels could come up with a few dead or wounded kids and women to blame the TNG or US troops for.  If you just don't, you can't be framed.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2024, 11:03:14 pm »
Asian countries, South America, and Africa do not carry the White Christian sense of compassion. They have no problem at all with shooting illegals attempting to enter their countries illegally. If you get caught attempting to cross their borders illegally, you are very much putting your life at risk.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Online libertybele

« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2024, 12:21:14 am »

I understand your concern and you are absolutely correct.  However, equal or greater concern should be for the safety of American citizens.  Instead we have an invasion, squatting, rapes, murders, etc.  Americans have become victims because our country does nothing and those entering know it.

The initial shock of Americans fighting back and defending their border would be huge, but once known, I doubt that will see the magnitude of the invasion that we are seeing now. It is needed.  It has gotten to the point of, we either defend our country or we will lose it.

Border wall first, mass deportation, and announcing that the U.S. will no longer tolerate illegal entry.  It wouldn't take long for the 'climate' to change.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2024, 02:05:33 am »
I understand your concern and you are absolutely correct.  However, equal or greater concern should be for the safety of American citizens.  Instead we have an invasion, squatting, rapes, murders, etc.  Americans have become victims because our country does nothing and those entering know it.

The initial shock of Americans fighting back and defending their border would be huge, but once known, I doubt that will see the magnitude of the invasion that we are seeing now. It is needed.  It has gotten to the point of, we either defend our country or we will lose it.

Border wall first, mass deportation, and announcing that the U.S. will no longer tolerate illegal entry.  It wouldn't take long for the 'climate' to change.
Well after a few get shot, the rest just might fall in line.

C S Lewis

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2024, 10:33:27 am »
Of course they CAN,but they won't want to.

After all,who WANTS to kill unarmed people?

The answer is "nobody who is sane or wants to stay sane."

Which means the global left will be pushing women and children across the border in an  effort to get the Border Patrol to open  fire on them.

This is a lose-lose situation UNLESS the America authorities make a concentrated effort to go after the people behind this and shoot THEM where they find them.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!