General Category > Immigration/Border

Can Texas National Guard Shoot Migrants Crossing Border?

(1/2) > >>

rangerrebew:

Can Texas National Guard Shoot Migrants Crossing Border?
Story by Nick Mordowanec • 15h •

A recent clash between migrants and members of the Texas National Guard at the U.S.-Mexico border prompted calls for retaliatory violence against illegal entrants, though legal sources tell Newsweek that federal and statewide provisions regarding self-defense differ.

On March 21, videos posted on social media showed what was described as hundreds of migrants attempting to illegally enter the country in El Paso, Texas. U.S. Customs and Border Protection corroborated the reports to Newsweek, saying that "a large group of migrants" breached the Texas National Guard's concertina wire barricades located between the Rio Grande and the border wall and were subsequently detained.

The situation, which some viewers described as a riot, led to the migrants being taken into custody at the adjacent border wall. They were transported for processing under Title 8—which outlines processes for handling migrants at the border and allows migrants to lodge asylum claims. Family groups and children were prioritized, CBP said.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/can-texas-national-guard-shoot-migrants-crossing-border/ar-BB1kzzfJ?ocid=msedgdhp&pc=HCTS&cvid=805b9800f7bd45a89194297851294764&ei=15

Fishrrman:
Whether they can or can't may be considered either a legal or moral issue, or both.

But from the standpoint of realism, the only way "the invasion" is ever going to be stopped is by doing whatever is required to stop them. And if that includes gunsmoke...

Smokin Joe:

--- Quote from: Fishrrman on March 27, 2024, 09:59:58 pm ---Whether they can or can't may be considered either a legal or moral issue, or both.

But from the standpoint of realism, the only way "the invasion" is ever going to be stopped is by doing whatever is required to stop them. And if that includes gunsmoke...

--- End quote ---
My only concern is that the Cartels' coyotes who get fired upon, if that happens, will escalate the level of conflict. It would be bad optics for the Guard (in the current mass media environment) if the Cartels started using 'migrants' as human shields, and I would suspect that short of all out war on our part, the Cartels have as much small arms sophistication and gadgetry as the troops. This is big business, and the notion that they can't pick over the world's arms markets is folly--they likely are very well funded.

In a nutshell, this would lead to the (possibly necessary) all-out war at the border that would be 'reported' in the global(ist) media with the US (or even just Texas) presented as the rogue aggressor, especially considering the precedent this administration has set with regard to illegal entry.

berdie:

--- Quote from: Smokin Joe on March 27, 2024, 10:07:37 pm ---My only concern is that the Cartels' coyotes who get fired upon, if that happens, will escalate the level of conflict. It would be bad optics for the Guard (in the current mass media environment) if the Cartels started using 'migrants' as human shields, and I would suspect that short of all out war on our part, the Cartels have as much small arms sophistication and gadgetry as the troops. This is big business, and the notion that they can't pick over the world's arms markets is folly--they likely are very well funded.

In a nutshell, this would lead to the (possibly necessary) all-out war at the border that would be 'reported' in the global(ist) media with the US (or even just Texas) presented as the rogue aggressor, especially considering the precedent this administration has set with regard to illegal entry.

--- End quote ---

That is correct. The BP was demonized not long ago for whipping illegals with the reins of their horses. That did not happen. Just think what would happen if the shooting started and a child was killed. Katy Bar The Door.

Fishrrman:
Smokin Joe wrote:
"My only concern is that the Cartels' coyotes who get fired upon, if that happens, will escalate the level of conflict. It would be bad optics for the Guard (in the current mass media environment) if the Cartels started using 'migrants' as human shields, and I would suspect that short of all out war on our part, the Cartels have as much small arms sophistication and gadgetry as the troops. This is big business, and the notion that they can't pick over the world's arms markets is folly--they likely are very well funded."

I know I've posted this a few times already, but read THIS book:

... and your words above will "fit right in"...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version