Author Topic: Trump sells custom Bibles to celebrate Holy Week  (Read 9165 times)

Online corbe

Re: Trump sells custom Bibles to celebrate Holy Week
« Reply #150 on: March 30, 2024, 12:49:40 am »
   I have more published Translations of the Bible than most of you, especially @sneakypete and fortunately my incarceration gave me time to read and somewhat understand them. 
   I do Respect Christians and I won't be buying Trump's Version because I consider it be Blasphemous to the Faith and I'm Agnostic.   
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online libertybele

« Reply #151 on: March 30, 2024, 12:52:18 am »
   I have more published Translations of the Bible than most of you, especially @sneakypete and fortunately my incarceration gave me time to read and somewhat understand them. 
   I do Respect Christians and I won't be buying Trump's Version because I consider it be Blasphemous to the Faith and I'm Agnostic.

:yowsa:
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #152 on: March 30, 2024, 01:08:36 am »
The prime reason no one,including me,wants  to argue about  religion is because there is NO definitive proof of the existence of any all-powerful "Deity".

You either believe,or you don't.

It's about faith,not  proof.

To the contrary - The ultimate proof is the prophecy - Yah called his shots from the beginning, and claims there is no other god that can do so. And he is batting 1000 - literally to-the-very-day.

And my daughter is a walking talking miracle, as was my father, as is my mother, as am I. The miracles he has wrought in my family go on and on. Totally inexplicable.

BUT, you'd have to read it and study it to see and understand... And no one can talk you into that but YOU.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #153 on: March 30, 2024, 01:16:25 am »
Au contraire -- when you witness a miracle ...it becomes proof.

@libertybele

Acid trip?
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online libertybele

« Reply #154 on: March 30, 2024, 01:16:59 am »
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #155 on: March 30, 2024, 01:23:13 am »

@corbe

Trying to have it both ways?

I will admit that I think this was one of the dumbest things he has ever done. It will offend a lot of the True Believers as well as a lot of the non-believers.

Of course,if he is really a "believer",he will never believe it would offend anyone.

And that is where the problem lies. His wealth has insulated him from contact with what we laughingly call "normal people". The same can be said about every other Presidential candidate,but most hire pros to advise them on what to say and do,and Trump refuses to do this.

It has hurt him.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2024, 01:24:44 am by sneakypete »

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #156 on: March 30, 2024, 01:26:48 am »
To the contrary - The ultimate proof is the prophecy - Yah called his shots from the beginning, and claims there is no other god that can do so. And he is batting 1000 - literally to-the-very-day.

And my daughter is a walking talking miracle, as was my father, as is my mother, as am I. The miracles he has wrought in my family go on and on. Totally inexplicable.

BUT, you'd have to read it and study it to see and understand... And no one can talk you into that but YOU.

@roamer_1

You are assuming an awful lot,based on nothing at all other than your own prejudices.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #157 on: March 30, 2024, 01:33:35 am »

@roamer_1

You are assuming an awful lot,based on nothing at all other than your own prejudices.

Nope. *facts*.

But you'd have to look at it.
I don't think you could name any prophet for any god that I have not at least a transitory knowledge of - A little weak in India and points east of there, but know enough to know their beginnings and what they base their patriarchal system on... That is to say I am pretty conversant with other gods and their prophets going way way back.

I did not settle on YHWH without cause.

He called his shots from the beginning. And he was right.
No other god stands in the shade of that.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2024, 01:34:21 am by roamer_1 »

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #158 on: March 30, 2024, 01:50:29 am »
Bullshit. None of it matters if the ports are closed.

What ports were closed, and by whom??

« Last Edit: March 30, 2024, 01:58:30 am by Right_in_Virginia »

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #159 on: March 30, 2024, 01:56:43 am »
That is to say I am pretty conversant with other gods and their prophets going way way back.

I did not settle on YHWH without cause.

He called his shots from the beginning. And he was right.

And, He fulfilled the greatest prophesy of all in Jesus Christ.

Online AllThatJazzZ

• Adopt your next pet, preferably a senior.
« Reply #160 on: March 30, 2024, 01:59:18 am »
And, He fulfilled the greatest prophesy of all in Jesus Christ.

Absolutely!  :yowsa:

A government big enough to give you everything you want
is a government big enough to take away everything you have.

Online Hoodat

« Reply #161 on: March 30, 2024, 02:06:27 am »
Paper Moon

If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online Hoodat

« Reply #162 on: March 30, 2024, 02:09:22 am »
Paper Moon

If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #163 on: March 30, 2024, 02:20:35 am »
Paper Moon

@Hoodat

I think my favorite was "Elmer Gantry."

Burt Lancaster flat ate UP all the scenery when the camera turned to him.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #164 on: March 30, 2024, 02:40:03 am »
What guidelines to follow and for how long were decisions made at the state level by the governors.

Governors of seven Republican states did not close down: Arkansas, Iowa, Nebraska, North Dakota, South Dakota, Utah, and Wyoming.
Not much changed here in ND aside from the oil patch going dead for a year (with the exception of schools going online and a lot of blue masks blowing around parking lots).
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online roamer_1

« Reply #165 on: March 30, 2024, 06:24:37 pm »
Not much changed here in ND aside from the oil patch going dead for a year (with the exception of schools going online and a lot of blue masks blowing around parking lots).

Same here, mostly... Even under the lockdown during our Democrat governors' reign, most paid it no mind. At least that was true out of town. The Towniies were more compliant...

The scary part was watching all the national corporate systems comply. Especially banks as a real and terrifying example. I couldn't get at my money for MONTHS. They were entirely closed off.

Now, the funny part is that I was a bit of an anomaly in that, Because I had no credit card or debit card - What was  probably transparent to all y'all was devastating to me - And the result is that I am now the same as the most of you - and have largely adopted electronic banking - I was forced into that behavior.

I had no plastic. Had I any plastic, the system was still somewhat open - you could always withdraw cash with your plastic from an ATM. But you needed the plastic.The bank was open electronically. Well, sorta... 300 bucks at a time. But to get plastic, you needed to go to the bank. But the bank was closed. After it opened again, it was only by appointment - and my appointment took another month.

I was reduced to working and selling *cash ONLY*, or at least, that was the only money I had during that time.

What is salient from my POV is the things that were forced, and to ask why they were forced. That's exactly why I operated as I did - Convert incoming electronic streams to money by withdrawal - And that was forcibly ended.

People were forced into shopping at box stores - WHY?
People were forced into increasing their reliance on Amazon and online shopping - WHY?
Government interface was forced to online only - WHY?
They shut OFF Main Street - WHY?

Where does all that go?

Online Hoodat

« Reply #166 on: March 31, 2024, 03:09:13 am »
I remember having to carry around this letter I got from the Department of Homeland Security allowing me to be out in public since I held an "essential" (oil) job.  It was a get-out-of-jail-free card from the Covid police.

Of course the federal government could have simply declared that 'everyone' was essential and could enjoy the freedoms that were endowed to us by our Creator.  But that didn't happen.

Many months later, I would see these same 'essential' workers being blocked from their jobs and denied their livelihood because they refused the jab.  It was at this time that I had to make that same decision - get the jab to keep working offshore, or work for another company.  I chose option 2.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #167 on: March 31, 2024, 02:32:38 pm »
I remember having to carry around this letter I got from the Department of Homeland Security allowing me to be out in public since I held an "essential" (oil) job.  It was a get-out-of-jail-free card from the Covid police.

Of course the federal government could have simply declared that 'everyone' was essential and could enjoy the freedoms that were endowed to us by our Creator.  But that didn't happen.

Many months later, I would see these same 'essential' workers being blocked from their jobs and denied their livelihood because they refused the jab.  It was at this time that I had to make that same decision - get the jab to keep working offshore, or work for another company.  I chose option 2.

@Hoodat

You misspelled the word "Feral".

Online corbe

« Reply #168 on: April 02, 2024, 04:21:20 am »
Desperate Trump Loads Gun And Heads to 5th Avenue

BY KEVIN TIT | NOVEMBER 3, 2020

Trump, 5th Avenue

NEW YORK — A visibly desperate and agitated President Donald Trump loaded his IMI Desert Eagle handgun today and travelled to Manhattan’s 5th Ave. to make good on his initial campaign promise of openly shooting a bystander, hoping to secure enough votes to defeat Democratic challenger Joe Biden.

“These people love me, and I’m here to prove just how much,” explained the gun-wielding leader of the free world in front of Trump Plaza. “I said I could do it, right here in the middle of the street — I said it before the last election, and look what happened: they cheered so loud and voted me into office. This will be the greatest shooting spree in American history — better than any mass casualty event in the history of the country. Very good for our economy. Today, I Make America Great Again!”

Despite appearing more energetic and agile since his COVID-19 diagnosis last month, many in Trump’s own Cabinet frantically tried to discourage him.

<..snip..>

https://thehardtimes.net/culture/desperate-trump-loads-gun-and-heads-to-5th-avenue/
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.