Author Topic: Trump sells custom Bibles to celebrate Holy Week  (Read 8403 times)

Online roamer_1

Re: Trump sells custom Bibles to celebrate Holy Week
« Reply #100 on: March 29, 2024, 12:35:20 am »
@LAMO

Why?

Are you already calling the Republican  Presidential Candidate after Trump's term a loser?

WHY?

Hell,you don't  even know who it will be,or who they will be running against!

What we DO know is that it won't be Biden or any incumbent Dim.

He's very probably right. Tumpy will so screw up the 'conservative' banner that he will invariably hand it right back to the Democrats, while Republicans go to the desert to try to reformulate a coalition.

Just like last time.

Online LMAO

« Reply #101 on: March 29, 2024, 12:35:21 am »
@LAMO

Why?

Are you already calling the Republican  Presidential Candidate after Trump's term a loser?

WHY?

Hell,you don't  even know who it will be,or who they will be running against!

What we DO know is that it won't be Biden or any incumbent Dim.

History alone will be against that person. Ever since the 22nd amendment, except once, whatever party held the White House for two terms was replaced by a president from the other party when they left office

One of the reasons why I’m sticking to my prediction that Biden will be the candidate and 2024 is history

Truman did not seek a second term. Lyndon Johnson did not seek a second term. Both are replaced by Republican presidents. The DNC is aware of that history also
« Last Edit: March 29, 2024, 12:36:43 am by LMAO »
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Online LMAO

« Reply #102 on: March 29, 2024, 12:36:03 am »
He's very probably right. Tumpy will so screw up the 'conservative' banner that he will invariably hand it right back to the Democrats, while Republicans go to the desert to try to reformulate a coalition.

Just like last time.

There is probably gonna be a lot of finger pointing and soul-searching on the part of the Republicans after the election
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

Online roamer_1

« Reply #103 on: March 29, 2024, 12:40:53 am »

There is probably gonna be a lot of finger pointing and soul-searching on the part of the Republicans after the election

Sadly, because Tumpy has donned his phony 'conservative' banner that he got from that little vietnamese guy that sells purses on the corner, It'll be the Conservative name that will be trashed, and the RINO Moderates will rise again. Just like every other damn time.

The chances of Republicans coming up with something like the TEA Party to carry their banner forward are slim to none... Because of that alone.

Online libertybele

« Reply #104 on: March 29, 2024, 12:51:32 am »

Just like last time.

Nope.  I don't think so -- this is the last call.  Either the Republican party gets it right this time around or we won't have a country left. 

Just my opinion.  I don't see much glimmer of hope.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #105 on: March 29, 2024, 01:07:54 am »
Nope.  I don't think so -- this is the last call.  Either the Republican party gets it right this time around or we won't have a country left. 

Just my opinion.  I don't see much glimmer of hope.

I think that's far too grim.
It is grim, but we still have state nullification which is a powerful tool, and will fight the fight in the interim.
It would be different if the feds had total reach, but they always overreach, and it always sets them back.

Politics has way less to do with anything than culture, and American culture is fighting back.
I hold out hope. I probably always will.

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #106 on: March 29, 2024, 02:20:53 am »

Just like last time.
I think that anyone thinks will be changing even if Trump is elected is making a huge assumption because I seriously doubt we will keep our razor thin majority in the house let alone take the senate. So what is the best we could hope for, Trump nullifying all of Dementia Man's EO's and then writing a ton of his own...again, with a hostile unified Congress fighting a four year lame duck president and never mind getting a SC justice approved if an opening comes up. And yeah I would fully expect Trump would then be followed by a two term democrat.

Also I must remind myself of two things, one is I live in Californukistan so my vote for president won't mean diddly squat, and two I have been told so many times by Trumponians that Trump doesn't need my vote so kindly piss off that I am going to follow their wishes.
What is really really funny is that now I see the ones that told me to piss off with my vote are now whining about people not voting for Trump :silly: :silly: I expect next for the if you don't vote for Trump you're voting for the democrat BS **nononono*

Online Hoodat

« Reply #107 on: March 29, 2024, 02:35:33 am »
I have been told so many times by Trumponians that Trump doesn't need my vote so kindly piss off that I am going to follow their wishes.
What is really really funny is that now I see the ones that told me to piss off with my vote are now whining about people not voting for Trump :silly: :silly: I expect next for the if you don't vote for Trump you're voting for the democrat BS **nononono*

Spot on.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #108 on: March 29, 2024, 02:45:59 am »

Just like last time.

@roamer_1

That does seem to be your fondest wish.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #109 on: March 29, 2024, 02:54:35 am »
@roamer_1

My vote for POTUS won't count for a different reason. If he runs, Trump will win ND, hands down. one vote more or less won't matter. It's the Electoral College who determines POTUS, anyway.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online cato potatoe

« Reply #110 on: March 29, 2024, 03:01:30 am »
Trump experimenting with the 3/4 view ...  I don't know.  Could it be effective?

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #111 on: March 29, 2024, 04:02:19 am »

@Maj. Bill Martin

There won't be 2026. Yes, the year will come and go, but there will be no America as a functioning republic. They were in a hurry in his first 4 years. If he is "elected" for another 4, they'll put the pedal to the metal. And who actually thinks Biden himself will be in the Oval? How do we feel about President Harris?

OMGGGGGGG

I'd rather not ***suicide***

If the U.S. truly is so close to the edge that it wouldn't exist if Biden gets even one more year in office, Trump sure as hell isn't the guy to save it.

We will still control the Supreme Court, and likely also have control of at least one chamber of Congress.   So I think the Republic will make it to both 2026 and 2028, when we hopefully will have a chance to elect an actual conservative.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #112 on: March 29, 2024, 04:05:56 am »
@roamer_1

@sneakypete

Not at all. I can't stand liberals. Dislike em with a passion.
Why do you think I won't vote for Tumpy?
Bitem is no different. Won't vote for him either.

My fondest wish would be to raise up a Conservative congress to heal this nation.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

« Reply #113 on: March 29, 2024, 04:12:21 am »
Agree

I can’t guarantee that after four years of Biden, the country will elect a Republican president. But another possible two term Democrat will follow four years of Donald Trump.

Donald Trump will not be a placeholder for the next conservative Republican president. He’ll be a placeholder for the next Democrat president. And that person may be an Elizabeth Warren type

@Maj. Bill Martin

Exactly.  Part of Trump's first term legacy is Biden.  Who we'd get in 2028 after 4.more.years of Trump is likely to be much worse.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #114 on: March 29, 2024, 04:15:19 am »
I think that anyone thinks will be changing even if Trump is elected is making a huge assumption because I seriously doubt we will keep our razor thin majority in the house let alone take the senate. So what is the best we could hope for, Trump nullifying all of Dementia Man's EO's and then writing a ton of his own...again, with a hostile unified Congress fighting a four year lame duck president and never mind getting a SC justice approved if an opening comes up. And yeah I would fully expect Trump would then be followed by a two term democrat.

That's a pretty valid scenario

Also I must remind myself of two things, one is I live in Californukistan so my vote for president won't mean diddly squat, and two I have been told so many times by Trumponians that Trump doesn't need my vote so kindly piss off that I am going to follow their wishes.
What is really really funny is that now I see the ones that told me to piss off with my vote are now whining about people not voting for Trump :silly: :silly: I expect next for the if you don't vote for Trump you're voting for the democrat BS **nononono* [/size]

Meh. I'm pretty used to the wilderness... So I am immune to being ostracized.
I just don't give a crap what others think. I will vote my conscience.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2024, 04:16:39 am by roamer_1 »

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #115 on: March 29, 2024, 05:40:47 pm »
Exactly.  Part of Trump's first term legacy is Biden.  Who we'd get in 2028 after 4.more.years of Trump is likely to be much worse.

I thank God you're the minority.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #116 on: March 29, 2024, 05:46:13 pm »
@sneakypete

My fondest wish would be to raise up a Conservative congress to heal this nation.

88devil

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

« Reply #117 on: March 29, 2024, 05:54:43 pm »
Sadly, because Tumpy has donned his phony 'conservative' banner that he got from that little vietnamese guy that sells purses on the corner, It'll be the Conservative name that will be trashed, and the RINO Moderates will rise again. Just like every other damn time.

The chances of Republicans coming up with something like the TEA Party to carry their banner forward are slim to none... Because of that alone.

That is exactly my biggest concern with Trump.

We have almost an entire generation who has grown up thinking that there are two political options: woke progressivism, or Trumpish.  Young people need to see that there is an alternative to progressivism that does not involve Donald Trump..

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

« Reply #118 on: March 29, 2024, 06:01:27 pm »

If I was in the majority, we'd have a conservative, small government president backed by a conservative, small government Congress, which would be miles from both Trump/MAGA world,  and progressivism.

So it doesn't surprise me at all that you want to stay far away from that.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2024, 06:03:13 pm by Maj. Bill Martin »

Online roamer_1

« Reply #119 on: March 29, 2024, 06:07:43 pm »
That is exactly my biggest concern with Trump.

We have almost an entire generation who has grown up thinking that there are two political options: woke progressivism, or Trumpish.  Young people need to see that there is an alternative to progressivism that does not involve Donald Trump..

That's right. There's not a lot of difference there. And both are miles away from the opposite, which is Conservatism.  This generation would benefit by learning there is a different way altogether.

But sitting em down and learning em is not likely to happen... They can't hear you, either kind.  :shrug:

Online Hoodat

« Reply #120 on: March 29, 2024, 06:19:31 pm »

Says the person whose candidate has never won a majority of the vote.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online LMAO

« Reply #121 on: March 29, 2024, 06:22:42 pm »
If I was in the majority, we'd have a conservative, small government president backed by a conservative, small government Congress, which would be miles from both Trump/MAGA world,  and progressivism.

So it doesn't surprise me at all that you want to stay far away from that.

A kid that was  6 or 7 in 2016 will  be old enough to vote in 2028

That kid has seen his dad’s business shut down by one president and his mom fired from her job for refusing to get an experimental shot from another

Barry Goldwater

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #122 on: March 29, 2024, 07:35:09 pm »
A kid that was  6 or 7 in 2016 will  be old enough to vote in 2028

That kid has seen his dad’s business shut down by one president and his mom fired from her job for refusing to get an experimental shot from another

What president shut down businesses?
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Online Hoodat

« Reply #123 on: March 29, 2024, 08:21:26 pm »
From the white house website, Mar 2020:

School operations can accelerate the spread of the coronavirus.  Governors of  states with evidence of community transmission should close schools in affected and surrounding areas.  Governors should close schools in communities that are near areas of community transmission, even if those areas are in neighboring states.  In addition, state and local officials should close schools where coronavirus has been identified in the population associated with the school.  State and localities that close schools need to address childcare needs of critical responders, as well as the nutritional needs of children.  Older people are particularly at risk from the coronavirus.  All states should follow Federal guidelines and halt social visits to nursing homes and retirement and long-term facilities.  In states with evidence of community transmission, bars, restaurants, food courts, gyms, and other indoor and outdoor venues where groups of people congregates should be closed.

https://www.whitehouse.gov/wp-content/uploads/2020/03/03.16.20_coronavirus-guidance_8.5x11_315PM.pdf

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Online roamer_1

« Reply #124 on: March 29, 2024, 08:28:27 pm »
From the white house website, Mar 2020:

Just shutting off the ports and ports of entry shut off business. My business shut off and shut down because I couldn't get parts. Because shipping was shut down. Hell, I STILL can't hardly get parts. It never returned to what was before... Even Amazon... Used to be anything in a couple days. Now it's a week or more all the time.