Author Topic: Trump sells custom Bibles to celebrate Holy Week  (Read 9064 times)

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
Re: Trump sells custom Bibles to celebrate Holy Week
« Reply #25 on: March 27, 2024, 12:31:31 am »
For only $39.99 more you can get the special editions version of "Two Gay Corinthians" holding hands on the cover with Trump waving the gay flag in the background. As a bonus certain sections of the Bible have been surgically removed (ripped out).

« Last Edit: March 27, 2024, 12:55:41 am by Sighlass »
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #26 on: March 27, 2024, 12:32:11 am »
Don't forget the Trump bobbleheads with halo for your car dash.

Through my trials and tribulations
And my travels through the nations
With my plastic Trump I'll go far.
Plastic Trump plastic Trump,
Riding on the dashboard of my car..
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #27 on: March 27, 2024, 12:39:28 am »

Through my trials and tribulations
And my travels through the nations
With my plastic Trump I'll go far.
Plastic Trump plastic Trump,
Riding on the dashboard of my car..

I don't care if it rains or freezes
As long as I've got my plastic Trump
Glued to the dashboard of my car,
You can buy Him phosphorescent
Glows in the dark, He's Orange and Pleasant,
Take Him with you when you're travelling far ......
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #28 on: March 27, 2024, 12:51:13 am »
.......plastic Trump plastic Trump
Riding on the dashboard of my car
His halo fits just right
And I use it as a sight
And they'll scatter or they'll splatter near and far

When I'm in a traffic jam
He don't care if I say Damn
I can let all sorts of curses roll
plastic Trump doesn't hear
For he has a plastic ear
The man who invented plastic saved my soul.............

I could go on with the lyrics, but I think Trump is now a complete train wreck and he just lost his re-election.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2024, 12:52:40 am by libertybele »

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline corbe

« Reply #29 on: March 27, 2024, 01:03:55 am »
   If his campaign can't move em; He can also sell em out on Hwy 61.

Dave Alvin — Highway 61 Revisited (Official Video)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0uFLQFyIYLg
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #30 on: March 27, 2024, 02:52:17 am »
For those wondering why the price point is so high, a site dedicated solely to selling the books notes that it’s “the only Bible endorsed by President Trump.” Not like those other worthless Bibles that aren’t endorsed by Trump.

Well, to be fair, the Catholic Church does not endorse the Scofield edited bible @libertybele --- who was funded by Samuel Untermyer to write his "notes"

So lighten up, Francis.

Offline corbe

« Reply #31 on: March 27, 2024, 03:04:44 am »
   His autographed copy of Mein Kampf will sell much more at an auction than his Bibles ever will.

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #32 on: March 27, 2024, 03:11:20 am »
This is not the week for money changers in the temple.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #33 on: March 27, 2024, 03:19:11 am »
This isn't just not thinking before you speak and saying something stupid.  Something like this takes some degree of planning, preparation, approval, promotion, etc..  So certainly, he had plenty of time to consider/reconsider this, but evidently decided there was absolutely nothing wrong with it.  It didn't set off any red flags in him because he really isn't a religious person at all, and so likely can't comprehend why anyone would object.

That might not be so bad if he didn't try to pretend that he was devout when it is convenient to his personal and political goals.

Offline deb

• Sinner saved by grace.
« Reply #34 on: March 27, 2024, 12:18:21 pm »
I’m especially looking forward to his insight on Two Corinthians.
Brothers, sisters, come on down to that river
Guaranteed you'll never be the same
There's a fountain flowing from the heart of the Savior
Bring your sins and all your guilty stains
Let that river of life wash it all away

River of Life - Mac Powell

Offline libertybele

« Reply #35 on: March 27, 2024, 01:03:39 pm »
This is not the week for money changers in the temple.

Exactly.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #36 on: March 27, 2024, 01:15:14 pm »
Donald Trump Teams with Country Music Star Lee Greenwood on New ‘God Bless the USA’ Bible Edition

Former President Donald Trump has teamed up with country music star Lee Greenwood on a new, patriot-themed edition of the Bible — the “God Bless the U.S.A.” Bible, which comes with copies of the U.S. Constitution, Bill of Rights, Declaration of Independence, and Pledge of Allegiance.

https://www.breitbart.com/entertainment/2024/03/27/donald-trump-teams-with-country-music-star-lee-greenwood-on-new-god-bless-the-usa-bible-edition/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline LMAO

« Reply #37 on: March 27, 2024, 01:20:50 pm »

That might not be so bad if he didn't try to pretend that he was devout when it is convenient to his personal and political goals.

And as we’ve seen, his beliefs and opinions are negotiable

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=0iEWTx_APQ4

I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #38 on: March 27, 2024, 01:34:21 pm »
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline libertybele

« Reply #39 on: March 27, 2024, 02:18:30 pm »
Cheney trolls Trump over Bible sale, suggests he read verse on adultery

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/4558230-cheney-trolls-trump-over-bible-sale-suggests-he-read-verse-on-adultery/

Maybe she should read a verse on lying.

....a lying mouth destroys the soul.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #40 on: March 27, 2024, 02:42:23 pm »
Def. an unforced error. 

Trump needs to stop these gaffes that alienates his base.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #41 on: March 27, 2024, 02:58:53 pm »
Def. an unforced error. 

Trump needs to stop these gaffes that alienates his base.

?? The only people I see bitching aren't his base. But maybe you've seen otherwise?
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #42 on: March 27, 2024, 03:07:12 pm »
?? The only people I see bitching aren't his base. But maybe you've seen otherwise?

This is fresh news.  Let's wait 3 or 4 news cycles to see if the gaffe has any traction.  I am not going to outright accuse DJT of blaspheme, but this is pretty close, considering his moral history.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #43 on: March 27, 2024, 03:24:41 pm »
This is fresh news.  Let's wait 3 or 4 news cycles to see if the gaffe has any traction.  I am not going to outright accuse DJT of blaspheme, but this is pretty close, considering his moral history.

I don't think it is possible for Trump to alienate his base at this point.  The "shoot someone on Fifth Avenue" claim appears to be correct.

But his base is far less than what he needs to win the election, and it is non-MAGA Republicans and swing independents who may get alienates by these type of antics.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2024, 03:26:15 pm by Maj. Bill Martin »

Offline AllThatJazzZ

• Adopt your next pet, preferably a senior.
« Reply #44 on: March 27, 2024, 03:39:42 pm »

@bigheadfred

I weighed in, and I'm not "his base." I'm just someone who doesn't want Joe Biden (or any other Dem) to "win" (and all that that implies) in November. That said, I'm lamenting the fact that I did weigh in as this is yet another TDS vortex. There are only so many ways you can express hatred for Trump. None are clever, nor are they new. The TDS pool entertains itself. Nada más

A government big enough to give you everything you want
is a government big enough to take away everything you have.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #45 on: March 27, 2024, 03:42:06 pm »

That would put it right around Good Friday! 

I wonder what SNL will cook up to mock him....Maybe a Trump, He Has Risen skit.  Oh the liberal would eat that up like manna from heaven!
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline LMAO

« Reply #46 on: March 27, 2024, 03:57:35 pm »
I don't think it is possible for Trump to alienate his base at this point.  The "shoot someone on Fifth Avenue" claim appears to be correct.

But his base is far less than what he needs to win the election, and it is non-MAGA Republicans and swing independents who may get alienates by these type of antics.

I think this  is just one of  things that make people  roll their eyes

I can’t picture anybody saying “I was thinking about for Donald Trump until I saw he was selling Bibles and now I changed my mind.”

I’m actually looking forward to see what he sells next.

I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #47 on: March 27, 2024, 04:07:50 pm »
 :pondering:

English Standard Version. ESV Bible editions.
King James Version.
New English Bible.
New International Version.
New King James Version.
New Revised Standard Version.
Revised English Bible.
Revised Version.

And now for the lo cost of just $59.99 the Trumpian version?  But wait, if you act now you can get a second Trumpian Bible, just additional shipping and handling of $99.99. So don't delay, don't miss this exciting limited time offer!

Offline libertybele

« Reply #48 on: March 27, 2024, 04:14:40 pm »

His base only will defend him and offer a lame excuse.  I'd be very interested to find out how well this goes over with Evangelicals. 

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #49 on: March 27, 2024, 04:20:42 pm »
Trump has a warehouse full of Mary and Joseph salt and pepper shakers, St. Peter and Paul spice racks,  not to mention two hundred units of "The World is Coming to an End if I'm not elected" lawn furniture.
Thank the Lord it's not Salt of St. Peter  :whistle: