General Category > Elections 2024

Trump sells custom Bibles to celebrate Holy Week

(1/34) > >>

libertybele:
Are you flipping kidding me?  Selling custom Bibles??  Wow.  He's really gone to far.  Take a look at the picture (@link) -- behind him is St. John's which was vandalized.  A few years back while president when the riots were taking place he walked across and with Bible in hand vowed that he would calm the insurrection.  He FAILED.  Not once, but twice and now he's selling 'custom Bibles' for $$!!  The article title reads to celebrate 'Holy Week'  *****rollingeyes*****  He's celebrating lining his pockets.  Pretty low. He's hit rock bottom.  He's given me one more reason NOT to vote for him...I'll pray for him.  After all, he stated that "We Must Make America Pray Again".  9999hair out0000

Trump sells custom Bibles to celebrate Holy Week

At the advent of Holy Week, former president Donald Trump took to social media to advertise a new product: custom Bibles.

In a video posted to Truth Social, Trump — the presumptive Republican nominee for president — encouraged followers to buy a copy of the “God Bless the USA Bible,” a gold-gilded edition of the King James Version that also includes copies of the U.S. Constitution, the Declaration of Independence, the Pledge of Allegiance, and a handwritten chorus to Lee Greenwood’s song, “God Bless the USA.”

The Bibles cost $59.99.

“I’m proud to endorse and encourage you to get this Bible,” Trump said in the video. “We must make America pray again.”

The webpage where the Bibles are sold explained that the product is “the only Bible endorsed by President Trump.” It also explained that the organization “is not political and has nothing to do with any political campaign,” and proceeds are not going to Trump’s campaign for president.

However, the company “uses Donald J. Trump’s name, likeness and image under paid license from CIC Ventures LLC,” a company that Trump reported owning in his 2023 financial disclosure. CIC Ventures also offered licenses for use of Trump’s name to sell Trump-themed sneakers and NFTs.

While Trump does not claim to belong to any particular religious denomination — he was raised Presbyterian, but now identifies as a nondenominational Christian — a large portion of Americans think he is a man of faith. According to multiple Deseret News/HarrisX polls in late 2023, over 60% of Republicans think Trump is a “person of faith.” More Republican voters said Trump is a person of faith than any other politician.

Trump enjoys massive support from evangelical Christians, who make up a significant portion of the Republican electorate. Many evangelicals credit Trump for nominating three conservative justices to the Supreme Court who overturned Roe v. Wade.............

https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-sells-custom-bibles-celebrate-202930203.html

deb:
We must make America pray again? Let’s begin with repentance. We must make America REPENT again. How about a “God Forgive the USA Bible” instead?

A lack of Bibles is not a problem in this country.

rustynail:
Will there be prayer rugs and lighted pictures of our saviors?

Polly Ticks:
 **nononono*

Come to my church.  We give Bibles away free to anyone who would like to have it.

catfish1957:
 :nono:

From the guy who brags about grabbin' the P.

I'd stay clear of thunderstorms Don. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version