General Category > Politics/Government

Gas-powered vehicle phaseout begins as several states look to join California in adopting Biden’s EV

<< < (2/4) > >>

Hoodat:

--- Quote from: mystery-ak on March 26, 2024, 07:04:17 pm ---So far, Maryland, New Jersey, New York, Massachusetts, Oregon, Washington, and Rhode Island are among the states that plan to ban the sale of gas-powered vehicles by 2035, according to Money, a personal finance website. The District of Columbia has also made the commitment to adopt the ban.

States like Delaware and Colorado are also taking steps to follow California’s standard.

--- End quote ---

I strongly encourage each of the States above to do so as soon as possible.  The sooner, the better.

roamer_1:
Whacko-liberal states of course.

Which only means a state or two away if you want to buy a gas or diesel rig...
And what's to stop the citizens of these states from buying over there?

GtHawk:

--- Quote from: roamer_1 on March 29, 2024, 04:31:08 am ---Whacko-liberal states of course.

Which only means a state or two away if you want to buy a gas or diesel rig...
And what's to stop the citizens of these states from buying over there?

--- End quote ---
Well I can see California doing inspections of cars returning from other states, and you can bet that the Gaia Nazis will be reporting anyone filling up Five gals or bigger with Cali plates to the CHP just like the anti gunners do with ammunition.

roamer_1:

--- Quote from: GtHawk on March 29, 2024, 05:29:43 am ---Well I can see California doing inspections of cars returning from other states, and you can bet that the Gaia Nazis will be reporting anyone filling up Five gals or bigger with Cali plates to the CHP just like the anti gunners do with ammunition.

--- End quote ---

There still has to be an attrition allowance.
They will stop SELLING there.
But I doubt very much they will stop licensing, nor supply.
They make too much money on that.

So you'll have to wander over to Arizona to buy a new car. While you're over there, maybe look for property.  :laugh:

Weird Tolkienish Figure:
Does a ban 10 years out really mean anything? Why not make it 100 years?

I will tell my doctor I will stop eating unhealthy by 2030. Pretty toothless if you ask me.

This is all for show IMO.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version