General Category > Politics/Government

Gas-powered vehicle phaseout begins as several states look to join California in adopting Biden’s EV

<< < (3/4) > >>

Hoodat:

--- Quote from: roamer_1 on March 29, 2024, 04:31:08 am ---And what's to stop the citizens of these states from buying over there?

--- End quote ---

This is how the Soviets did it.

GtHawk:

--- Quote from: roamer_1 on March 29, 2024, 06:00:52 am ---There still has to be an attrition allowance.
They will stop SELLING there.
But I doubt very much they will stop licensing, nor supply.
They make too much money on that.

So you'll have to wander over to Arizona to buy a new car. While you're over there, maybe look for property.  :laugh:

--- End quote ---
They'll just shift from a gas tax to an insanely high mileage tax, which so far as I know EV owners have been getting to use the roads without having to pay their share of maintenance and repair. It won't be long, especially in California, after these jackwads really start booting ICE cars off the road that the revolution will begin. All EV is just not economically or infrastructure wise feasable...even in Californication the minority of Gaia worshipers can push the people only so far.

roamer_1:

--- Quote from: GtHawk on March 29, 2024, 03:29:12 pm ---They'll just shift from a gas tax to an insanely high mileage tax, which so far as I know EV owners have been getting to use the roads without having to pay their share of maintenance and repair. It won't be long, especially in California, after these jackwads really start booting ICE cars off the road that the revolution will begin. All EV is just not economically or infrastructure wise feasable...even in Californication the minority of Gaia worshipers can push the people only so far.

--- End quote ---

I'd sure hope so... I remember a Conservative California, whose name was not spit at when mentioned. Many Conservative greats came out of San Diego. She has a solid Conservative history (except Hollywood and San Fran Sicko) That she would do well to remember.

Y'all need revival.  happy77 :0001:

Smokin Joe:

--- Quote from: roamer_1 on March 29, 2024, 06:15:26 pm ---I'd sure hope so... I remember a Conservative California, whose name was not spit at when mentioned. Many Conservative greats came out of San Diego. She has a solid Conservative history (except Hollywood and San Fran Sicko) That she would do well to remember.

Y'all need revival.  happy77 :0001:

--- End quote ---
California started this crap in the 70s, with California Emissions Standards which were more stringent than the rest of the country. California, (parts thereof, anyway, the rest got stuck by the big cities with high population density and some form of mass transit) had a serious smog problem, and from a States' Rights viewpoint, yes, they have that right in their State (as do all the other states doing this).

What I fear, however, and as seemingly so often happens, is that a few States with Big Cities and large populations will want to impose their rules on the rest of us, who live in places that have never had a smog problem and don't have the population density for it to really matter if the flivver poots out a blue cloud when it chugs along.

One size does not fit all, and sometimes, not even most.

roamer_1:

--- Quote from: Smokin Joe on March 29, 2024, 08:54:30 pm ---California started this crap in the 70s, with California Emissions Standards which were more stringent than the rest of the country. California, (parts thereof, anyway, the rest got stuck by the big cities with high population density and some form of mass transit) had a serious smog problem, and from a States' Rights viewpoint, yes, they have that right in their State (as do all the other states doing this).

What I fear, however, and as seemingly so often happens, is that a few States with Big Cities and large populations will want to impose their rules on the rest of us, who live in places that have never had a smog problem and don't have the population density for it to really matter if the flivver poots out a blue cloud when it chugs along.

One size does not fit all, and sometimes, not even most.

--- End quote ---

That's right - I can sure understand the concept of not poopin where you eat... I get that they have to do something about smog. But that's their problem, not ours. And rammin that crap through at the national level just naturally ain't gonna fly.

I have far more poor air quality from forest fires than any other thing. Maybe they ought to go after that. One decent sized fire puts out way more into the region than all the works of Man within it, I bet, and we lose half a million acres a year, just in Montana.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version