Author Topic: NY lawmaker who voted for the ‘get Trump’ Adult Survivors Act gets hit with a rape lawsuit, so now h  (Read 106 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
May 6, 2024
NY lawmaker who voted for the ‘get Trump’ Adult Survivors Act gets hit with a rape lawsuit, so now he calls the law ‘unconstitutional’
By Olivia Murray

File this under the “you-can’t-make-this-stuff-up” tab.

Kevin Parker is a state lawmaker from Brooklyn, New York, and he was one of the many legislators to (proudly) throw his support behind the Adult Survivors Act of 2022—Parker wanted “to ensure all New Yorkers can seek justice and be heard,” of course—which granted alleged victims of sexual assault a one-year time period to sue their alleged abusers in civil court, even if the alleged crime was outside of the statute of limitations. It was a “get Trump” scheme, to open the door for the E. Jean Carroll lawsuit, but like all things “get Trump” it has backfired…spectacularly.

Because, at the eleventh hour before the act was set to expire, a young woman (Olga Jean-Baptiste) accused Parker of forcibly raping her in 2004, so now, Parker is calling the law “unconstitutional.”

Parker is definitely a low-IQ DIE hire.

Furthermore, according to a local report, Parker called the accusation “absolutely untrue.” Huh, interesting response; so am I to understand that he’s accusing Jean-Baptiste of lying about the alleged assault?

https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2024/05/ny_lawmaker_who_voted_for_the_get_trump_adult_survivors_act_gets_hit_with_a_rape_lawsuit_so_now_he_calls_the_law_unconstitutional.html
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson