Author Topic: NYC pizza shop owner laments green regulation targeting pizzerias with ovens fired by wood  (Read 198 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
NYC pizza shop owner laments green regulation targeting pizzerias with ovens fired by wood
03/25/2024 / By Ava Grace

The owner of a New York City (NYC) pizzeria has lamented a new regulation targeting establishments like his that own ovens fired by wood and coal, calling it an overkill.

Paul “Paulie Gee” Giannone, owner of Paulie Gee’s Pizzeria in the Big Apple’s Brooklyn borough, aired out his sentiments over a new rule by the New York City Department of Environmental Protection (DEP). The DEP’s new rule, set to take effect on April 27, mandates restaurants with wood- and coal-fired stoves to cut carbon emissions by 75 percent.

Originally proposed in June 2023, the mandate applies to restaurants with cook stoves installed before May 2016. It requires affected pizzeria owners to install a filter, then hire an engineer to regularly inspect the carbon emissions. But according to Giannone, many businesses won’t be able to afford this.

“A sad day in my opinion. This regulation will go a long way to put an end t0 charming wood-fired pizza restaurants in NYC,” said Giannone. He added that more than 100 iconic pizzerias in the Big Apple could be forced out of business due to the DEP’s rule.

https://www.pollution.news/2024-03-25-pizza-shop-owner-laments-green-regulation-pizzerias.html
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Timber Rattler

• Conservative Purist and Patriot
I bet Paulie Gee votes Democrat.
aka "nasty degenerate SOB," "worst of the worst at Free Republic," "Garbage Troll," "Neocon Warmonger," "Filthy Piece of Trash," "damn $#%$#@!," "Silly f'er," "POS," "war pig," "neocon scumbag," "insignificant little ankle nipper," "@ss-clown," "neocuck," "termite," "Uniparty Deep stater," "Never Trump sack of dog feces," "avid Bidenista," "filthy Ukrainian," "war whore," "fricking chump," psychopathic POS, and depraved SOB.

"In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act."  ---George Orwell

"If you want peace, prepare for war." ---Flavius Vegetius Renatus