Author Topic: Dominion Energy’s absurd reply to CFACT’s whale protection lawsuit  (Read 149 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Dominion Energy’s absurd reply to CFACT’s whale protection lawsuit
By
David Wojick
|
March 26th, 2024

Dominion Energy has issued a brief response to the whale protection lawsuit filed by CFACT et al. When I first saw it I thought there must be some mistake but it has appeared in a lot of press reports.

This central claim by Dominion is simply absurd: “The overwhelming consensus of federal agencies and scientific organizations is that offshore wind does not adversely impact marine life.” No adverse impact? Seriously?

In reality the responsible federal agency predicts an enormous adverse impact.

NOAA‘s National Marine Fisheries Service (NMFS) has authorized Dominion to acoustically harass almost 80,000 marine mammals and these noise harassments are certainly adverse impacts. They even include temporary deafness which can easily be deadly.

https://www.cfact.org/2024/03/26/dominion-energys-absurd-reply-to-cfacts-whale-protection-lawsuit/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=dominion-energys-absurd-reply-to-cfacts-whale-protection-lawsuit&utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=dominion-energys-absurd-reply-to-cfacts-whale-protection-lawsuit
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson