Author Topic: Green Macaroni to the Rescue  (Read 153 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Green Macaroni to the Rescue
« on: March 26, 2024, 10:17:16 am »
Green Macaroni to the Rescue
5 hours ago Kip Hansen 8 Comments

News Flash by Kip Hansen — 26 March 2024

As the Anthropogenic Climate Crisis intensifies, the U.S. Federal government has rushed to the aid of our planet.  In a truly beneficent act, the government is providing $170,900,000 (in words it sounds even more impressive:  one hundred and seventy million, nine hundred thousand dollars) to Save The Planet through Green Macaroni.

You may not have known that the production of macaroni (with or without cheese) has been endangering all life on Earth –  a literal existential threat — but it is apparently true — $170 million worth of true.

As reported in the always faithful New York Times:

“Energy Secretary Jennifer Granholm said Monday that her agency would partially fund 33 different projects in 20 states to test methods for curbing emissions from a wide variety of factories and industrial plants, calling it ‘the single largest industrial decarbonization investment in American history.’….”Kraft Heinz, a food manufacturer, would get up to $170.9 million to install electric boilers and heat pumps at 10 facilities across the country, where they would be used to generate the large amounts of heat needed for things like drying macaroni without directly burning fossil fuels.”

https://wattsupwiththat.com/2024/03/25/green-macaroni-to-the-rescue/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson