Author Topic: Baltimore's Francis Scott Key Bridge Collapses (Hit by a ship)  (Read 12828 times)

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Re: Baltimore's Francis Scott Key Bridge Collapses (Hit by a ship)
« Reply #125 on: March 27, 2024, 09:16:29 pm »
RE reply 117 above (about how the original plan was for a tunnel, not a bridge):

See my reply 95, earlier:
https://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,528077.msg2994453.html#msg2994453

Don't build another bridge.
Replace this with a tunnel.

For the hazardous vehicles that can't use a tunnel, provide a fast ferry service across the channel. Let the tolls cover it.

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #126 on: March 27, 2024, 09:35:28 pm »

Fact is, she's an award-winning journalist with a plethora of sources in the Intelligence Community.

Fact is, Baltimore is no longer a port...for the next 5 years they are simply a Democrat Slum.

12% of every dollar in revenue the city earns is due to the Harbor.  14K jobs disappeared yesterday morning.

The cruise ship which left Baltimore the other day had to go to Norfolk, Virginia where passengers were given bus tickets to return to Baltimore to pick up their vehicles.

Lara Logan is on to something...just like the forest fires all didn't start with lightening strikes but from crazy bastards with matches.
Whatever the case, there has been a tremendous run on fires at food processing facilities, too, over the past couple of years. I can't say if that is a statistically significant increase,or an artifact of reporting, but it seems be on the uptick.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online Smokin Joe

« Reply #127 on: March 27, 2024, 09:43:44 pm »
RE reply 117 above (about how the original plan was for a tunnel, not a bridge):

See my reply 95, earlier:
https://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,528077.msg2994453.html#msg2994453

Don't build another bridge.
Replace this with a tunnel.

For the hazardous vehicles that can't use a tunnel, provide a fast ferry service across the channel. Let the tolls cover it.
That would likely be the most economical and take the least time of any solution to restore traffic while the wreckage was being cleared and the bridge rebuilt.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline berdie

« Reply #128 on: March 27, 2024, 10:04:42 pm »
I'm assuming that ya'll are talking about an under water tunnel for vehicular traffic.

Myself...that would give me both the heebies and the jeebies.

Online Smokin Joe

« Reply #129 on: March 27, 2024, 10:17:51 pm »
I'm assuming that ya'll are talking about an under water tunnel for vehicular traffic.

Myself...that would give me both the heebies and the jeebies.
Already there, and on the Chesapeake Bay Bridge Tunnel. But the problem with a tunnel is that the Key Bridge was built to move hazmat cargoes and oversized loads (as well as traffic) around the Harbor Tunnel and most of the City, and a tunnel would not solve the problem. No one wants potentially hazardous cargoes in tunnels.

C S Lewis

Offline berdie

« Reply #130 on: March 27, 2024, 10:35:15 pm »
Already there, and on the Chesapeake Bay Bridge Tunnel. But the problem with a tunnel is that the Key Bridge was built to move hazmat cargoes and oversized loads (as well as traffic) around the Harbor Tunnel and most of the City, and a tunnel would not solve the problem. No one wants potentially hazardous cargoes in tunnels.

I didn't know that. Even a bigger reason for the heebie jeebies if that is going to be the chosen method of moving hazardous material.

Online Smokin Joe

« Reply #131 on: March 27, 2024, 10:38:43 pm »

I didn't know that. Even a bigger reason for the heebie jeebies if that is going to be the chosen method of moving hazardous material.
It's why the idea (posted either up thread or on another one, and not mine), to run a ferry for the oversized or HAZMAT traffic seems like a great idea. It could be up and running relatively shortly compared to waiting on the bridge to be rebuilt.

C S Lewis

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #132 on: March 27, 2024, 11:09:25 pm »
Baltimore bridge collapse: 2 bodies recovered during search, others still missing

Maryland authorities said Wednesday that two bodies have been recovered after a cargo ship slammed into the Francis Scott Key Bridge Tuesday morning.

Divers found a red pickup truck submerged under approximately 25 feet water in the middle span of the bridge and found two bodies trapped inside.

Maryland State Police Superintendent Roland Butler identified the victims as Alejandro Hernandez Fuentes, 35, of Baltimore and Dorlian Castillo Cabrera, 26, of Dundalk.

Butler said the men's families have been notified by authorities.

"Based upon the conditions, we're now moving from a recovery mode to a salvage operation because of the superstructure surrounding what we believe are the vehicles and the amount of concrete and debris, divers are no longer able to safely navigate or operate around that in the areas around this wreckage," Butler said.

“The collapse of the Key Bridge is not just a Maryland crisis. The collapse of a key bridge is a global crisis. The national economy and the world's economy depends on the port of Baltimore,” Gov. Wes Moore said. “The port handles more cars and more farm equipment than any other port in the country.”
Posted by Bradford Betz
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online rustynail

« Reply #133 on: March 27, 2024, 11:33:05 pm »
Baltimore bridge collapse could squeeze DEF supply

The Francis Scott Key Bridge's spectacular collapse in the wee hours of Tuesday morning shuttered the Port of Baltimore indefinitely, and in the process shut down one of the main entry points for DEF into the Northeast.

https://www.overdriveonline.com

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #134 on: March 28, 2024, 12:02:04 am »
doge
@IntelDoge

"FBI/DHS have been wrong 100 percent of the time.." says the former FBI agent.

Quote John Guandolo @JGuandolo54271·
Mar 26

My initial assessment of bridge collapse due to the main support column being struck by a ship in Baltimore is that it is more likely than not - intentional. I worked several AQ/Hamas cases while in the FBI & since and found - verified by state intel agencies - AQ/Hamas targeted key bridges to shut down exfil abilities so they could conduct significant level follow on attacks. This may be that or this may be an accident. I lean strongly towards NOT AN ACCIDENT. The fact FBI/DHS say it is NOT terrorism is a key indicator it is. FBI/DHS have been wrong 100% of the time they initially say its NOT terrorism (Ft Hood, Orlando, Ft Lauderdale, Lakewood TX..,)

Offline Timber Rattler

• Conservative Purist and Patriot
« Reply #135 on: March 28, 2024, 01:09:26 am »
doge
@IntelDoge

"FBI/DHS have been wrong 100 percent of the time.." says the former FBI agent.

Quote John Guandolo @JGuandolo54271·
Mar 26

My initial assessment of bridge collapse due to the main support column being struck by a ship in Baltimore is that it is more likely than not - intentional. I worked several AQ/Hamas cases while in the FBI & since and found - verified by state intel agencies - AQ/Hamas targeted key bridges to shut down exfil abilities so they could conduct significant level follow on attacks. This may be that or this may be an accident. I lean strongly towards NOT AN ACCIDENT. The fact FBI/DHS say it is NOT terrorism is a key indicator it is. FBI/DHS have been wrong 100% of the time they initially say its NOT terrorism (Ft Hood, Orlando, Ft Lauderdale, Lakewood TX..,)

More conspiracy theory nonsense.  The ship had a bad electrical power system, probably due to poor maintenance, which failed as it was leaving port.  Occam's razor, plus the whole thing was captured on video.

Anyway, if it was deliberate, then why would the captain send out a "mayday!" call, giving the police and fire departments time to block traffic on both sides of the bridge?  Here's the audio of the police making the call:

https://twitter.com/i/status/1772970168387281071
« Last Edit: March 28, 2024, 01:30:39 am by Timber Rattler »
aka "nasty degenerate SOB," "worst of the worst at Free Republic," "Garbage Troll," "Neocon Warmonger," "Filthy Piece of Trash," "damn $#%$#@!," "Silly f'er," "POS," "war pig," "neocon scumbag," "insignificant little ankle nipper," "@ss-clown," "neocuck," "termite," "Uniparty Deep stater," "Never Trump sack of dog feces," "avid Bidenista," "filthy Ukrainian," "war whore," "fricking chump," psychopathic POS, and depraved SOB.

"In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act."  ---George Orwell

"If you want peace, prepare for war." ---Flavius Vegetius Renatus

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #136 on: March 28, 2024, 01:32:17 am »
When the bridge is rebuilt it will have a different name.  The Woke claim Key was a resist slave owner.  Based on that they will name it the St. George Floyd Memorial bridge.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #137 on: March 28, 2024, 02:11:51 am »
More conspiracy theory nonsense. The ship had a bad electrical power system, probably due to poor maintenance, which failed as it was leaving port.  Occam's razor, plus the whole thing was captured on video.

Baloney, @Timber Rattler

The ship made a 90 degree turn...black exhaust indicated he increased power and steered into the structural support column intentionally.  Also, playing the video at 8X speed proves it was a deliberate act of terrorism.

Anyway, if it was deliberate, then why would the captain send out a "mayday!" call, giving the police and fire departments time to block traffic on both sides of the bridge?  Here's the audio of the police making the call:

Because those behemoths require time to cancel out their inertia.

The 'captain' who made the SOS call wasn't trying to kill civilians driving on the bridge.  He had much bigger plans to castrate the supply chains on the East Coast...right near Washington, D.C..

A HUGE middle finger to America...or as some in here say:  "MURICA"!

"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #138 on: March 28, 2024, 02:26:48 am »
Funny how so much "conspiracy theory nonsense" turns out to be true.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2024, 02:27:39 am by Bigun »
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #139 on: March 28, 2024, 02:29:08 am »

Amen!   :beer:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Timber Rattler

« Reply #140 on: March 28, 2024, 03:21:39 am »
Baloney, @Timber Rattler

The ship made a 90 degree turn...black exhaust indicated he increased power and steered into the structural support column intentionally.  Also, playing the video at 8X speed proves it was a deliberate act of terrorism.

Because those behemoths require time to cancel out their inertia.

The 'captain' who made the SOS call wasn't trying to kill civilians driving on the bridge.  He had much bigger plans to castrate the supply chains on the East Coast...right near Washington, D.C..

A HUGE middle finger to America...or as some in here say:  "MURICA"!

This is complete and utter nonsense.  See here, from a REAL maritime chief engineer:

aka "nasty degenerate SOB," "worst of the worst at Free Republic," "Garbage Troll," "Neocon Warmonger," "Filthy Piece of Trash," "damn $#%$#@!," "Silly f'er," "POS," "war pig," "neocon scumbag," "insignificant little ankle nipper," "@ss-clown," "neocuck," "termite," "Uniparty Deep stater," "Never Trump sack of dog feces," "avid Bidenista," "filthy Ukrainian," "war whore," "fricking chump," psychopathic POS, and depraved SOB.

"In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act."  ---George Orwell

Offline Timber Rattler

« Reply #141 on: March 28, 2024, 03:22:41 am »

Not in this case.

Offline the OlLine Rebel

« Reply #142 on: March 28, 2024, 03:37:36 am »
When the bridge is rebuilt it will have a different name.  The Woke claim Key was a resist slave owner.  Based on that they will name it the St. George Floyd Memorial bridge.

Correction.  Freddie Gray.

I despise these people, and you’re probably correct.

Perhaps they can succor themselves by naming it after the man Key was trying to release from British custody, Beanes.  Oh but he likely had slaves too.  Oh excuse me:  “enslaved people”.
Common sense is an uncommon virtue.

Offline the OlLine Rebel

« Reply #143 on: March 28, 2024, 03:39:41 am »
This is complete and utter nonsense.  See here, from a REAL maritime chief engineer:

Where do we get that “it made a 90-degree turn”?  Utter nonsense.  All based on one film.

Pretty good synopsis:  https://youtu.be/N39w6aQFKSQ?si=-bIMQQdsXeLPYsYC

Offline the OlLine Rebel

« Reply #144 on: March 28, 2024, 03:51:04 am »
Stupid conspiracy theory articles like this make Conservatives look like paranoid morons.  Lara Logan has really gone off the rails these past few years.

It’s World Net Daily.  Ignore.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #145 on: March 28, 2024, 03:57:29 am »
For what it is worth, Paranoia and conspiracy theory's strike deep. Into your life, it will creep.

I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #146 on: March 28, 2024, 08:38:40 am »
I doubt the ports will stay closed that long.  But the bridge will probably take longer that 5 years, hamstrung the whole way by the worst the three-letter agencies will dish out.  The Environmental Impact paperwork will only be the beginning of bureaucratic SNAFUs.

Key Bridge rebuild may take four years or more, bridge expert says

https://www.bizjournals.com/baltimore/news/2024/03/26/key-bridge-collapse-rebuild-four-years.html?csrc=6398

Offline American Girl

« Reply #147 on: March 28, 2024, 10:59:57 am »
Yeah right. They look like they ate all the cookies and trying to hide it...
Strange we never see anything in the news now.
Anyhow, that female NTSB Manager was annoying - DEI hire?
https://www.usasupreme.com/ntsb-releases-black-box-timeline-of-baltimore-bridge-strike-and-things-are-even-more-suspicious-now/

Offline Mod2

« Reply #148 on: March 28, 2024, 12:04:57 pm »
Merged another bridge thread into existing thread.

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #149 on: March 28, 2024, 12:31:51 pm »
For what it is worth, Paranoia and conspiracy theory's strike deep. Into your life, it will creep.

I always enjoyed Buffalo Springfield but by the time I discovered them they had long since abandoned
Thank you for the memory.

@Wingnut
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️