General Category > World News

Donald Trump says Israel made ‘big mistake’ in war against Hamas

<< < (7/8) > >>

240B:

--- Quote from: Right_in_Virginia on March 27, 2024, 07:47:24 am ---
Israel Knew Hamas’s Attack Plan More Than a Year Ago
A blueprint reviewed by The Times laid out the attack in detail. Israeli officials dismissed it as aspirational and ignored specific warnings.

--- End quote ---
Israel correctly dismissed it as aspirational because the plan was for Hamas to conquer, fortify, and to hold territory while encroaching North to Jerusalem and Tel Aviv. The original plan was absurd and ridiculous. It was a plan to take and hold the entire Southern region of Israel. There was no way it would ever happen.

Then the musical festival with thousands of unarmed young Israelis suddenly 'popped-up' right next door to them. This was a surprise gift to Hamas and caused them to attack immediately. This is where most of the rape, murder, and abductions occurred.

Without the music festival Hamas opportunity, the so called 'planned invasion' would likely have NEVER happened. If Israel had provided a company of armed soldiers around the festival, the attack would likely have never happened.

It was simply an attack of opportunity that Hamas could not resist. Yes. Hama had big plans to conquer all of Israel which Israel knew about. But they were mostly just dreams and wishful thinking. Since there was no specific date for the attempted implementation of the invasion, it was an open ended plan which could occur at any time, or more realistically that would never actually develop.

berdie:

--- Quote from: 240B on March 27, 2024, 09:36:11 pm ---Israel correctly dismissed it as aspirational because the plan was for Hamas to conquer, fortify, and to hold territory while encroaching North to Jerusalem and Tel Aviv. The original plan was absurd and ridiculous. It was a plan to take and hold the entire Southern region of Israel. There was no way it would ever happen.

Then the musical festival with thousands of unarmed young Israelis suddenly 'popped-up' right next door to them. This was a surprise gift to Hamas and caused them to attack immediately. This is where most of the rape, murder, and abductions occurred.

Without the music festival Hamas opportunity, the so called 'planned invasion' would likely have NEVER happened. If Israel had provided a company of armed soldiers around the festival, the attack would likely have never happened.

It was simply an attack of opportunity that Hamas could not resist. Yes. Hama had big plans to conquer all of Israel which Israel knew about. But they were mostly just dreams and wishful thinking. Since there was no specific date for the attempted implementation of the invasion, it was an open ended plan which could occur at any time, or more realistically that would never actually develop.

--- End quote ---

I think you are most probably on the mark.

Maj. Bill Martin:

--- Quote from: GtHawk on March 25, 2024, 08:25:40 pm ---Trump is really starting to worry me, he wants Ukraine to just let Russia have what they want to end the war, he thinks Israel should have just taken it up the AZZ and not gone after the Hamas murdering psychopaths...........so if America is attacked, what is Trump willing to give the attackers to appease them? **nononono*

I don't want America in wars, especially endless religious wars, but Trump is really undercutting(in my eyes) his strongman don't screw with me and the US and replacing it with hey lets make a deal, what'll it take to just make you go away....it's not a good look!

--- End quote ---

:yowsa:

Maj. Bill Martin:

--- Quote from: NavyCanDo on March 26, 2024, 04:33:27 am ---I'm a little confused by what he said.   First it was "don't do it". Don't do what? Don't retaliate? Don't bomb? Don't anger countries that don't really support Israel anyway? Then he does an about face and says "finish your war". Someone needs to remind Trump Americans were killed Oct 7th and others taken hostage.

--- End quote ---

I agree that he wasn't clear -- it's classic Trump.  Undisciplined and rambling so that each of his supporters is free to interpret it in whatever way most appeals to them.  Like when half of them hear his calls for retribution and say "well, he doesn't really mean putting people on trial for treason and hanging people", while the other half says "yes, Trump is right, we need to execute all those traitors, and this is why we love Trump!"

That's the trick of his "braggadocio".   His fans take him seriously if they agree, or dismiss it as just talk if they don't.  I'm personally tired of having to run everything he says through some weirdo Trump translator to figure out what he means, what's serious, and what isn't.

roamer_1:

--- Quote from: Maj. Bill Martin on March 28, 2024, 07:58:22 pm ---That's the trick of his "braggadocio".   His fans take him seriously if they agree, or dismiss it as just talk if they don't.  I'm personally tired of having to run everything he says through some weirdo Trump translator to figure out what he means, what's serious, and what isn't.

--- End quote ---

Brilliantly stated. That's right.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version