Author Topic: Trump Bond Reduced to $175 Million as He Appeals NY Fine  (Read 2467 times)

Online libertybele

Re: Trump Bond Reduced to $175 Million as He Appeals NY Fine
« Reply #25 on: March 25, 2024, 05:22:53 pm »
It is election interference. They will continue to drag him in and out of court and fine him.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #27 on: March 25, 2024, 06:01:45 pm »
Trump has ten days to get the money, but also ten more days to appeal everything and appeal to have the judgement invalidated.

Tangerine Mussolini has a gift for running out the clock.

You're witnessing the government trying to bankrupt a political opponent and you're calling the target of the lawfare Mussolini?  What is wrong with you?

« Reply #28 on: March 25, 2024, 06:03:30 pm »
Wonder if Trump's partners bent some ears and got things reduced.

Who are these partners you're wondering about?

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #29 on: March 25, 2024, 06:10:54 pm »
Trump has ten days to get the money, but also ten more days to appeal everything and appeal to have the judgement invalidated.

Tangerine Mussolini has a gift for running out the clock.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0x-fkSYDtUY
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

« Reply #30 on: March 25, 2024, 06:16:16 pm »
What’s your collateral for the bond?

CASH - Donald Trump (Video)

https://twitter.com/AlecLace/status/1772306844809040341

« Reply #31 on: March 25, 2024, 06:23:30 pm »
President Trump: "I thank the Appellate Division for acting quickly, but Judge Engoron is a disgrace to this country, and this should not be allowed to happen.". (Video)

https://twitter.com/TrumpWarRoom/status/1772294799581700171

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #32 on: March 25, 2024, 11:17:33 pm »
Who are these partners you're wondering about?

His properties that Leddy James is trying to steal/confiscate - they are not solely owned by Trump. Many are partnerships and I'd guess those are bigger hitters who don't want to be drug thru court to bust them up.
The Republic is lost.

Online Hoodat

« Reply #33 on: March 26, 2024, 12:33:39 am »
Alec Lace
@AlecLace
What’s your collateral for the bond?

CASH - Donald Trump

I had thought that they weren't accepting anything but cash.

If Trump comes up with the $175 million, then the State of New York needs to put up interest in escrow DAILY, under the exact same terms as Letitia James imposed on Trump.  And if Trump wins his appeal, then the escrow is paid out to him. 

James is charging him roughly 8.9%.  So here's the math:

The State of New York will have to pony up $42,671 per day to cover the interest under the terms that the State of New York laid out.  (See:  Amendments V and XIV)

And since the State of New York insisted that interest be compounded daily, combined with the likelihood that this appeal gets postponed until after Jan 20, 2029, the State of New York would be liable for $279 million should Trump win his appeal.  That's a big giant $104 million FU to the Democrats running New York.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #34 on: March 26, 2024, 12:50:10 am »

If Trump comes up with the $175 million, then the State of New York needs to put up interest in escrow DAILY, under the exact same terms as Letitia James imposed on Trump.  And if Trump wins his appeal, then the escrow is paid out to him. 

The State of New York will have to pony up $42,671 per day to cover the interest under the terms that the State of New York laid out.  (See:  Amendments V and XIV)

And since the State of New York insisted that interest be compounded daily, combined with the likelihood that this appeal gets postponed until after Jan 20, 2029, the State of New York would be liable for $279 million should Trump win his appeal.  That's a big giant $104 million FU to the Democrats running New York.

That's right... Without harming the ability to counter-sue... So the FU could be way bigger than that.
And it ought to be. This kind of crap just naturally has to stop - And this is how you do it.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #35 on: March 26, 2024, 12:51:08 am »
His properties that Leddy James is trying to steal/confiscate - they are not solely owned by Trump. Many are partnerships and I'd guess those are bigger hitters who don't want to be drug thru court to bust them up.

Don't know, one way or the other.. But good point.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #36 on: March 26, 2024, 01:31:20 am »
Letitia's "train" is on a short track!
It isn't the length to the track. The bridge across the canyon (that divides law from lawfare) is out though...
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #37 on: March 26, 2024, 01:56:37 am »
I knew this was going to happen

You don’t use the legal system to bankrupt somebody just because you don’t like that person’s politics

@LMAO

Seems like you do in NY.

Trump was just fortunate enough to have the backing to fight this in court.

Who knows how many  people those scum buckets bankrupted and ruined by doing similar things to them,and unlike Trump,they didn't have the resources to fight it in court where it would see the light of day?
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #38 on: March 26, 2024, 01:59:41 am »
You're witnessing the government trying to bankrupt a political opponent and you're calling the target of the lawfare Mussolini?  What is wrong with you?

@Right_in_Virginia

It's called "eaten alive with envy  and hatred".

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #39 on: March 26, 2024, 02:01:39 am »

@Hoodat

And it couldn't  happen to a more deserving group of people.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #40 on: March 26, 2024, 02:03:33 am »
It isn't the length to the track. The bridge across the canyon (that divides law from lawfare) is out though...

@Smokin Joe

Doesn't matter. Any accusations or charges placed against her will be dismissed as "racism".

Some people in the America of today really ARE "more equal" than other people.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #41 on: March 26, 2024, 02:08:33 am »
It doesn't matter if, in the end, Trump only agrees to pay very little the precedent will have been set and the government will then be able to attack anyone they choose via the courts and ruin them.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #42 on: March 26, 2024, 02:15:01 am »
It doesn't matter if, in the end, Trump only agrees to pay very little the precedent will have been set and the government will then be able to attack anyone they choose via the courts and ruin them.

That ain't what this is. He's posting a bond. He gets it back if he wins. And he will win on appeal.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #43 on: March 26, 2024, 02:16:18 pm »

Maybe Nathan Wade can lay some more track ....
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #44 on: March 26, 2024, 02:25:49 pm »
That ain't what this is. He's posting a bond. He gets it back if he wins. And he will win on appeal.

Did you even read what I posted @roamer_1

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #45 on: March 26, 2024, 02:33:41 pm »
I think it is just a matter of time before these tactics are universally practiced in this country, where once the government understands your ideological leaning, they will create faux criminal and civil attack law enforcement systems and kangaroo courts to administer "justice"

This is just the tip of the iceberg. 

p.s.  Don't tear off that matress tag.   :cool:
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline corbe

« Reply #46 on: March 26, 2024, 02:39:00 pm »
   So the RNC put up more collateral and secured the $175 million loan?
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #48 on: March 26, 2024, 07:34:56 pm »
I think it is just a matter of time before these tactics are universally practiced in this country, where once the government understands your ideological leaning, they will create faux criminal and civil attack law enforcement systems and kangaroo courts to administer "justice"

This is just the tip of the iceberg. 

p.s.  Don't tear off that matress tag.   :cool:

@catfish1957

I don't  think there is anything new about the "proper authorities" looking for obscure excuses to ruin anyone they think is a threat to their power.

They have the courts,the judges,the DA's,and the list of jurors,so you KNOW they are going to use them if that is what they have to do to eliminate a "speed bump" in their drive to totalitarianism.

It's just more obvious now in this day of 24 hour news reports.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan

- J. R. R. Tolkien