General Category > Politics/Government

MTG denies causing division in Congress: ‘I’m not bringing chaos, I’m forcing change’

(1/5) > >>

mystery-ak:
MTG denies causing division in Congress: ‘I’m not bringing chaos, I’m forcing change’
By
Asher Notheis
March 24, 2024 5:04 pm

Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene (R-GA) dismissed accusations that she is dividing the House of Representatives amid her criticism of Speaker Mike Johnson (R-LA) over the recently passed $1.2 trillion spending bill.

Greene filed a motion to vacate Johnson after the spending bill was passed, prompting some of her fellow Republican lawmakers to criticize the idea of vacating yet another speaker. Several House Republicans are also resigning due to the division within the party. Greene argued that those leaving are responsible for the further division of Congress, as the Republican Party’s majority in the House continues to shrink.

“I filed this motion to vacate, but I haven’t called it to the floor,” Greene said on Fox News’s Sunday Morning Futures with Maria Bartiromo. “This is like issuing a pink slip and giving our conference a notice saying that we have got to find a new speaker. This may take weeks; it may take months; it may not even happen until next Congress. But Speaker Johnson cannot remain as speaker of the House.”

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/2936104/mtg-denies-causing-division-in-congress-im-not-bringing-chaos-im-forcing-change/

kevindavis007:
Newsflash: She is

LMAO:

--- Quote from: kevindavis007 on March 25, 2024, 04:34:35 pm ---Newsflash: She is

--- End quote ---

If Donald Trump were to win, would she ever say no to him? It’s easy to do it right now because Biden is the president.

But do you think that she will ever say no to Donald Trump?

Free Vulcan:
I like MTG but a chess player she is not. She's not even a checkers player most of the time.

Don't care much for impulsive and knee jerk, it rarely produces results even if you have a big majority. Leave that maneuver to the other side.

DefiantMassRINO:
So, MTG was virtue signaling for the media.

With an ever-shrinking majority, the GOP members of the House need to learn to praise in public and chastise in private.

MTG is the kid who calls Child Services when her parents won't let her stay up late to watch TV on a school night.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version