Author Topic: How China captured the sun – and cast a shadow over Europe  (Read 157 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
How China captured the sun – and cast a shadow over Europe
« on: March 25, 2024, 10:28:17 am »

How China captured the sun – and cast a shadow over Europe
MARCH 25, 2024
tags: solar power
By Paul Homewood

Europe’s ambitious plans to expand green energy generation with “Made in EU” solar panels face a distinctly cloudy future as the continent faces a massive glut of the devices.

Millions of solar panels are piling up in warehouses across the Continent because of a manufacturing battle in China, where cut-throat competition has driven the world’s biggest panel-makers to expand production far faster than they can be installed.

The supply glut has caused solar panel prices to halve. This sounds like great news for the EU, which recently pledged to triple its solar power capacity to 672 gigawatts by 2030. That’s roughly equivalent to 200 large nuclear power stations.

In reality, though, it has caused a crisis. Under the EU’s “Green Deal Industrial Plan”, 40pc of the panels to be spread across European fields and roofs were meant to be made by European manufacturers.

https://notalotofpeopleknowthat.wordpress.com/2024/03/25/how-china-captured-the-sun-and-cast-a-shadow-over-europe/
« Last Edit: March 25, 2024, 10:29:06 am by rangerrebew »
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson