Author Topic: Biden’s Electric Car Fiasco Is Already Causing An Economic ‘Bloodbath’  (Read 148 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Biden’s Electric Car Fiasco Is Already Causing An Economic ‘Bloodbath’
by Michael Barone  Mar 22, 2024 in EV News

Donald Trump’s anodyne if overexcited comment that the U.S. auto industry would face a “bloodbath” if he’s not elected and doesn’t impose 50% or 100% tariffs on cars produced predictable results.

“Don’t outsmart yourself,” Sen. Brian Schatz (D-Hawaii) posted, and Joe Biden’s campaign promptly charged Trump with promising a “bloodbath” if he loses, without saying that he used a common metaphor and was talking about the auto industry. [emphasis, links added]

That’s a subject Team Biden is understandably touchy about, given the conspicuous fiasco of its electric vehicle policies.

It’s summed up in a lengthy Wall Street Journal report on how a “dramatic societal shift to electric cars” had “overlooked an important constituency: the consumer.”

https://climatechangedispatch.com/bidens-electric-car-fiasco-is-already-causing-an-economic-bloodbath/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson