Author Topic: MAGA - What Exactly Does That Mean ?  (Read 10899 times)

Offline LMAO

Re: MAGA - What Exactly Does That Mean ?
« Reply #75 on: March 30, 2024, 10:32:21 pm »
It’s an acronym.  Making Attorneys Get Attorneys.

000hehehehe
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline LMAO

« Reply #76 on: March 30, 2024, 10:40:02 pm »
Anyone who was present at the time knows Tumpy denounced Reagan, so...  :whistle:

Yes he did

MAGA means whatever it's followers want it to mean. This is similar to what BHO supporters did in 2008. Whatever they believed or supported, BHO also shared their beliefs in their minds

Remember that woman who stated that BHO would pay her mortgage and gas? BHO never ran on that. But she molded him into her vision

You saw this with the "drain the swamp" phrase in 2016. Trump never used that phrase at first.  But it got him cheers when he said it and so he was able to sucker his supporters by simply repeating their chants

https://www.pbs.org/newshour/politics/trump-ditching-drain-swamp-rally-cry-adviser-says

‘Drain the swamp'” became a staple of the final month of Trump’s campaign, with crowds chanting it as loudly as they had been shouting “build the wall” and “lock her up.” The slogan also appeared on T-shirts and signs.

It has remained part of Trump’s post-election “thank you” tour. Whether in Ohio or Florida, the crowd continued to shout along with the president-elect as he vowed to curtail corruption in Washington — even as he revealed that he wasn’t always crazy about the catchphrase.

“Funny how that term caught on, isn’t it?” Trump mused during a rally this month in Des Moines, Iowa. “I tell everyone, I hated it. Somebody said ‘drain the swamp’ and I said, ‘Oh, that is so hokey. That is so terrible.'”

“I said, all right, I’ll try it,” Trump continued. “So like a month ago I said ‘drain the swamp’ and the place went crazy. And I said ‘Whoa, what’s this?’ Then I said it again. And then I start saying it like I meant it, right? And then I started to love it, and the place loved it. Drain the swamp. It’s true. It’s true. Drain the swamp.”
« Last Edit: March 30, 2024, 10:48:44 pm by LMAO »
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #77 on: March 30, 2024, 11:19:09 pm »
Yes he did

MAGA means whatever it's followers want it to mean. This is similar to what BHO supporters did in 2008. Whatever they believed or supported, BHO also shared their beliefs in their minds

Remember that woman who stated that BHO would pay her mortgage and gas? BHO never ran on that. But she molded him into her vision

You saw this with the "drain the swamp" phrase in 2016. Trump never used that phrase at first.  But it got him cheers when he said it and so he was able to sucker his supporters by simply repeating their chants

https://www.pbs.org/newshour/politics/trump-ditching-drain-swamp-rally-cry-adviser-says

‘Drain the swamp'” became a staple of the final month of Trump’s campaign, with crowds chanting it as loudly as they had been shouting “build the wall” and “lock her up.” The slogan also appeared on T-shirts and signs.

It has remained part of Trump’s post-election “thank you” tour. Whether in Ohio or Florida, the crowd continued to shout along with the president-elect as he vowed to curtail corruption in Washington — even as he revealed that he wasn’t always crazy about the catchphrase.

“Funny how that term caught on, isn’t it?” Trump mused during a rally this month in Des Moines, Iowa. “I tell everyone, I hated it. Somebody said ‘drain the swamp’ and I said, ‘Oh, that is so hokey. That is so terrible.'”

“I said, all right, I’ll try it,” Trump continued. “So like a month ago I said ‘drain the swamp’ and the place went crazy. And I said ‘Whoa, what’s this?’ Then I said it again. And then I start saying it like I meant it, right? And then I started to love it, and the place loved it. Drain the swamp. It’s true. It’s true. Drain the swamp.”

That's likely right - I mean 'how it is'...
Populism is its own internal feedback machine.
That's why it has no agenda.
And also why it is unmoored - Un-tethered to any principle.

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #78 on: March 31, 2024, 12:02:00 am »
@Right_in_Virginia

But, there are no formally adopted principles that form a core platform for it.

Start here @Lando Lincoln

Freedom. The constitution. Fair trade.  American sovereignty.   Regulations reduction. Pro-life.  Law and ordér.  Peace through strength.  America First vs. globalism.  The American legacy.

Trump also knows there comes a time to get off your knees and fight ---- invaluable in times such as these.

« Last Edit: March 31, 2024, 12:17:27 am by Right_in_Virginia »

Online corbe

« Reply #79 on: March 31, 2024, 12:06:49 am »
 :rolling:
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #80 on: March 31, 2024, 12:08:02 am »
Anyone who was present at the time knows Tumpy denounced Reagan, so...  :whistle:

So what?  Reagan took a lot of fire ---- the debt, immigration surrender and arms transfers to Iran spring to mind.

« Last Edit: March 31, 2024, 12:15:25 am by Right_in_Virginia »

Online Lando Lincoln

« Reply #81 on: March 31, 2024, 12:28:48 am »

Freedom. The constitution. Fair trade.  American sovereignty.   Regulations reduction. Pro-life.  Law and ordér.  Peace through strength.  America First vs. globalism.  The American legacy.

Trump also knows there comes a time to get off your knees and fight ---- invaluable in times such as these.

Fair enough. Thanks.
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #82 on: March 31, 2024, 12:55:08 am »

Bumper stickers.

Now tell me HOW.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #85 on: March 31, 2024, 02:07:05 am »
So what?  Reagan took a lot of fire ----

From Democrats.  Oh, wait . . .
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online corbe

« Reply #86 on: March 31, 2024, 02:29:21 am »
From Democrats.  Oh, wait . . .

Including Trump, himself   :whistle:
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #87 on: March 31, 2024, 03:01:38 am »
- the debt, immigration surrender and arms transfers to Iran spring to mind.

I lived their era, and remember well that this post sounded a lot like liberal democrats were spewing at the time.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #88 on: March 31, 2024, 03:17:38 am »
I lived their era, and remember well that this post sounded a lot like liberal democrats were spewing at the time.

Iran/Contra was a masterpiece.  We seriously ripped off Iran, and used the money to arm anti-Communist rebels.  And the reason for doing it was because Democrats in Congress thought that they should be in charge of foreign policy, not the President.  The Boland Amendments were a joke.

In the end, Lawrence Walsh spent over $71 million in taxpayer money trying to prosecute members of the Reagan Administration.  And he couldn't deliver a single conviction to be upheld.

Reagan should have told Congress to pound sand.  If Edward Boland wanted to be in charge of foreign policy, then he could run for President.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline HikerGuy83

• Still Trying
« Reply #89 on: March 31, 2024, 04:24:17 am »
@Right_in_Virginia

I am, actually. Oh, I know what the pundits have ascribed to it. I have heard the stump-type platitudes given it. I agree with the basics of much of it. I know the zealotry of its devoted adherents. But, there are no formally adopted principles that form a core platform for it. At least, I am unaware of any.

That's basically what I was asking. 

WHEN was America great.  What did it look like (specfically).

What did we lose and what will America look like when we are "great again".

I, frankly, think we are pretty darn good right now. 

Offline HikerGuy83

• Still Trying
« Reply #90 on: March 31, 2024, 04:31:07 am »

Freedom.....what about it ?  Have we lost some ?  Which ones ?  And how do we get them back ?

What about the Constitution.  Both the GOP and democrats have used it as toilet paper for the past century.  Just what are you proposing ?

Fair Trade ?  Who decides what is fair ?

Pro life vs. Pro Choice.  It's time to stop thinkiing about that politically and ask how we, as a people, came to this point.  Trump isn't going to change Jack Crap when it comes to this.  We need to look a little more closely at our collective soul and decide just what we think is important.

How about marriage ?  Bush's push for the ban on gay marriage saying "the preservation of marriage" is a great concern.  Just what the helk is out divorce rate ?  We don't want to preserve marriage ?  We are breaking them up at an incredible rate.  The average lenght of a marriage in the U.S. is just a little over eight years.  That's simply terrible.  And nobody in D.C. is going to fix it.

The American Legacy ?  Now this should be interesting.  What legacy would that be ?
« Last Edit: March 31, 2024, 04:37:10 am by HikerGuy83 »

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #91 on: March 31, 2024, 12:15:16 pm »

Ladies and gentlemen ----  pointing-up  Meet Joe Biden's campaign manager.   

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #92 on: March 31, 2024, 12:23:53 pm »
Freedom.....what about it ?  Have we lost some ?  Which ones ?  And how do we get them back ?

What about the Constitution.  Both the GOP and democrats have used it as toilet paper for the past century.  Just what are you proposing ?

Fair Trade ?  Who decides what is fair ?

Pro life vs. Pro Choice.  It's time to stop thinkiing about that politically and ask how we, as a people, came to this point.  Trump isn't going to change Jack Crap when it comes to this.  We need to look a little more closely at our collective soul and decide just what we think is important.

How about marriage ?  Bush's push for the ban on gay marriage saying "the preservation of marriage" is a great concern.  Just what the helk is out divorce rate ?  We don't want to preserve marriage ?  We are breaking them up at an incredible rate.  The average lenght of a marriage in the U.S. is just a little over eight years.  That's simply terrible.  And nobody in D.C. is going to fix it.

The American Legacy ?  Now this should be interesting.  What legacy would that be ?

Write your own damn paper @HikerGuy83    88devil:seeya:

Offline HikerGuy83

• Still Trying
« Reply #93 on: March 31, 2024, 03:09:36 pm »
Write your own damn paper @HikerGuy83    88devil:seeya:

About what ?

I started the thread and I asked for specfics.  You called these out as specfics....which they clearly ARE NOT.

Get back to us when your head is out of the clouds and you can talk details.

Otherwise, MAGA still is nothing more than a sales pitch.

Offline HikerGuy83

• Still Trying
« Reply #94 on: March 31, 2024, 03:19:48 pm »
Ladies and gentlemen ----  pointing-up  Meet Joe Biden's campaign manager.   

And here we see a classic example of deflection in the form of attacking the messenger.

Someone can't make a good argument, so this is the default.

One of the things that makes America great is that we have survived idiots in the WH since 2000 (and an argument could be made that we've actually been surviving idiots since 1988).

Our Constitution is inspired and fantastic. 

But we have a room to grow and improve for sure.

Certainly the post I am quoting is an example of how our education system could be improved.  Deductive reasoning not being taught as it should be.

But you can't pass a law that says people have to think.

You also can't pass a law (thank heavens) that says everyone has to think the same way.

MAGA is still a sales pitch.  Always has been one.

Offline LMAO

« Reply #95 on: March 31, 2024, 08:09:26 pm »
And here we see a classic example of deflection in the form of attacking the messenger.

Someone can't make a good argument, so this is the default.

We have all learned to expect that from the poster you're quoting

Barry Goldwater

Offline HikerGuy83

• Still Trying
« Reply #96 on: March 31, 2024, 08:18:27 pm »
We have all learned to expect that from the poster you're quoting

Interesting.

Thanks for sharing that.

MAGA is nothing I've ever been drawn to.  I voted for Trump twice for other reasons.

But I hate the idea of this sales pitch and other sales pitches "Build Back Better", "Bidenomics", etc being the basis for people making choices.

For heck sakes.....

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #97 on: March 31, 2024, 08:21:12 pm »
It is quite telling when the person espousing "Make America Great Again" is unable to express what it is that would make America great from where we currently stand.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Online libertybele

« Reply #98 on: March 31, 2024, 08:24:56 pm »
That's basically what I was asking. 

WHEN was America great.  What did it look like (specfically).

????  What the heck have you been smokin'???  Inflation and spending are out of control, we have an invasion at our borders which is seeping into the rest of the country with squatters taking hold, Americans continue to be victims at the hands of ILLEGALS, ILLEGALS have been granted rights under the 2A, they just passed federal red flag laws, they are pushing for green energy....etc., and you think things are pretty darn good???
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline HikerGuy83

• Still Trying
« Reply #99 on: March 31, 2024, 08:29:25 pm »
????  What the heck have you been smokin'???  Inflation and spending are out of control, we have an invasion at our borders which is seeping into the rest of the country with squatters taking hold, Americans continue to be victims at the hands of ILLEGALS, ILLEGALS have been granted rights under the 2A, they just passed federal red flag laws, they are pushing for green energy....etc., and you think things are pretty darn good???

Yes, I do.

If you want to ask a legitimate (unprejudiced) question, feel free.  Otherwise, find someone else to lecture.