Author Topic: In rural India, climate migrants 'have hysterectomies to survive'  (Read 189 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
In rural India, climate migrants 'have hysterectomies to survive'
Bhasker Tripathi profile picture
Bhasker Tripathi

Published: March 06, 2024

What’s the context?
As climate change impacts hit farming, women driven into gruelling sugarcane work have the procedure to work harder, report says

NEW DELHI - Drought is driving poor Indian women into exploitative sugarcane work in the central state of Maharashtra, with many of the migrant labourers opting to undergo unnecessary hysterectomies to work even harder, research showed on Thursday.

Years of failed monsoons, extreme heat and droughts have led residents of Beed, a district in the top sugar-producing state to leave and become day labourers on sugar plantations, said the report by the International Institute for Environment and Development (IIED), a London-based think-tank.

https://www.context.news/climate-risks/in-rural-india-climate-migrants-have-hysterectomies-to-survive?utm_campaign=Hot%20News&utm_source=hs_email&utm_medium=email&_hsenc=p2ANqtz-8oX1oiKibvYwyadEHqhIWWMPOIg9DqaCKxE_2rphVCwoDGuI5augmeebEXJVda-4EzdxeG
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online catfish1957

• FJB!!!!
  • Political Researcher
Re: In rural India, climate migrants 'have hysterectomies to survive'
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2024, 01:48:42 pm »
In rural India, climate migrants 'have hysterectomies to survive'
Bhasker Tripathi profile picture
Bhasker Tripathi

Published: March 06, 2024

What’s the context?
As climate change impacts hit farming, women driven into gruelling sugarcane work have the procedure to work harder, report says

NEW DELHI - Drought is driving poor Indian women into exploitative sugarcane work in the central state of Maharashtra, with many of the migrant labourers opting to undergo unnecessary hysterectomies to work even harder, research showed on Thursday.

Years of failed monsoons, extreme heat and droughts have led residents of Beed, a district in the top sugar-producing state to leave and become day labourers on sugar plantations, said the report by the International Institute for Environment and Development (IIED), a London-based think-tank.

https://www.context.news/climate-risks/in-rural-india-climate-migrants-have-hysterectomies-to-survive?utm_campaign=Hot%20News&utm_source=hs_email&utm_medium=email&_hsenc=p2ANqtz-8oX1oiKibvYwyadEHqhIWWMPOIg9DqaCKxE_2rphVCwoDGuI5augmeebEXJVda-4EzdxeG

Wow, what a crock.  This is almost the ultimate left wing scam of an article.  Looks like a Left Wing Journalism 101 piece.

All in one article covering...

1. Climate change
2. Women most affected
3. Migrant Plight
4. Harsh "exploitive"  working conditions
5. Reproductive Health

You can't make this shit up.   :silly:
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.