Author Topic: King County Starts Construction on $115M Electric Bus Charging Station  (Read 158 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
King County Starts Construction on $115M Electric Bus Charging Station

Heartland Author
March 18, 2024

By Spencer Pauley
(The Center Square) – King County has begun construction on a $115 million project that will create a 100% electric bus base for King County Metro.

The charging base is the next step for the county in reaching its goal of having the King County Metro Department’s entire bus fleet produce zero emissions by 2035.

The base will be 544,000-square-feet and include maintenance facilities and charging infrastructure for 120 battery-electric buses that are scheduled to begin service in 2026.

The base will be located south of the Tukwila test charging facility that is used to charge the 40 long-range battery-electric buses that have been in service since 2022.

https://heartlanddailynews.com/2024/03/king-county-starts-construction-on-115m-electric-bus-charging-station/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Bless their little hearts.  They are working so hard to save people from the pending climate cataclysm.  First, though, they had better watch out for fires enveloping their buses. :whistle:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson