Author Topic: You Wake Up in Early 2024 and Donald Trump is Your Last Best (Only) Chance...  (Read 3716 times)

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
It all goes back to the Garden.  We chose to leave.  Out of love, He gave us a way to return.

I've always held the story of Adam and Eve to be apocryphal.  Because otherwise,  how could we blame either Adam or Eve for doing evil before they'd even eaten the fruit that gave them knowledge of the difference between good and evil?

To me, that particular story is simply an explanation for why we have freewill.  Though that freewill came with God's gift of knowing right from wrong in our hearts.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2024, 02:41:23 am by Maj. Bill Martin »

Offline roamer_1

To me, that particular story is simply an explanation for why we have freewill.  Though that freewill came with God's gift of knowing right from wrong in our hearts.

No, Yah gave us knowledge of good. Only good.
The  knowledge of good AND evil meant we would use free will to discern the difference.
And there's the problem.'
Like giving your car keys to a 2 year old.
And it's been mostly downhill from there.

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
Absolutely 'hate' Trump because he was born in NY and still retains properties and business there...

I dislike Trump because he heralds NY values then slimes away when called on it. Versus Cruz when called upon his stances Trump  changed his NY values to just an attack on NY citizens... Instead of manning up to his own words, he (with help of the Fox debate team) totally destroyed a self confession of NY liberalism. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KHAHKGP10yc

I could care less where he lived.

Don't like the way that he looks...

Odd wasn't it Trump that made fun of others ... DeSantis height, Jeff Sessions southern drawl, McCain because he was caught. I personally have said over and over, I could care less how someone looks and I even said I would not join in on making fun of Hillary Clinton or Michelle Obama. I would vote for a Christian Conservative midget over Trump.

Don't like the way that he talks...

That is fair game, it is fruits beyond the previous "way he looks"... I cringe as you admitted doing. I am probable the least well spoken person at TBR... and yet I cringe. Half due to knowing what he is saying is BS, half to how childish he sounds.

Wish that he was more (book) scholarly and often quoted the Founders or their resources such as Locke and Montesquieu...

Again, nothing wrong with judging here. Perhaps if he wasn't a democrat for more than 9/10ths of his life, he would have read something more than what people think of him in People magazine.

Wish that he focused his attacks and venom on the particular segment of the US population that you have the most issues with...

Who wouldn't want a President that didn't spend his life adding the culture rot by supporting it (Gay/Trans issues). Someone that didn't appoint gay judges the California's 9th circuit. Who wouldn't want a President that didn't condone Abortion by saying it was a NY values issue instead of a human life. Again, I want a conservative, not a populist that has been firmly in the camp of the enemy most his life (and only feigns being out of it now). Who wouldn't want a person that understands America can not borrow it's way out of debt without killing future generations with crushing debt. Core conservative principles just tossed out because of better than the alternative. How is it better?

Can't let go of the fact that he vanquished your chosen candidate in 2016 or 2024...

That does hurt, how could it not. Everyone should have a list of acceptable and not acceptable people come election time. I sure most folks do, just my list is more refined, but several candidates passed the mustard, Trump didn't come close. Give me a real conservative that doesn't want to ban guns like Trump ... and proved it by banning bump stocks and agreeing with democrats against the NRA several times.

Are angry that he doesn't focus in on the particular issue (and we have more 'issues' than you may imagine) that you believe to be the root of all of the problems...

The root of the problem is Americans don't focus on electing good candidates because they no longer are Christian... as my tag line suggests. V V V V (I don't have an arrow down key so cheating using the Vee Key).

Long post and I am not known for doing long replies (this was long for me)... I will just stop here.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2024, 04:12:07 am by Sighlass »
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline HikerGuy83

• Still Trying
That Trump might be our best hope tells you just how miserably our leaders have failed us. 

My problem is that I don't see anyone stepping up to follow in his shoes. 

If he is elected, he is in for four years.  2028 will be on us soon enough.

Yes, I'll vote for him, but I am not liking what I don't see behind him.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
That Trump might be our best hope tells you just how miserably our leaders have failed us. 

My problem is that I don't see anyone stepping up to follow in his shoes. 

If he is elected, he is in for four years.  2028 will be on us soon enough.

What's behind Donald Trump is more Donald Trump....

Jr.

Offline roamer_1

[...]

Not me. All y'all have gone far past my tolerance level...
You can keep him.

Online DB

We have fallen far.

Offline HikerGuy83

• Still Trying
What's behind Donald Trump is more Donald Trump....

Jr.

I seriously doubt that will happen. 

But it's certainly scary to think about. 

Offline HikerGuy83

• Still Trying
Not me. All y'all have gone far past my tolerance level...
You can keep him.

Everyone gets to have a vote. 

You like Joe Biden....have at it.

Offline Hoodat

Since 2006, the Republican Party has made it crystal clear that they have zero desire to earn my vote.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online DB

That's a vote for hemlock verses arsenic.

Offline roamer_1

Everyone gets to have a vote. 

You like Joe Biden....have at it.

Nope.
{x} None of the Above.

Unless CP, or  a Libertarian I can stand.

Offline HikerGuy83

• Still Trying
Since 2006, the Republican Party has made it crystal clear that they have zero desire to earn my vote.

Totally agree.

I work in the party now and am trying to do what I can to help people understand that your vote isn't a given.

We now have more indies in AZ than Republicans and more Republicans than democrats.  Most indies are former GOPers.

And yet we have Katie Hobbs, Mark Kelly and soon we'll have Ruben Gallago.....a total ****stain on the fabric of the state.

Offline Hoodat

And yet we have Katie Hobbs, Mark Kelly and soon we'll have Ruben Gallago.....a total ****stain on the fabric of the state.

And you have that because the Republican Party is doing nothing to earn people's votes.  They wrongly believe that people will automatically vote GOP because of Hobbs, Kelly, et al.  They have gotten incredibly lazy and hopelessly entrenched.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline HikerGuy83

• Still Trying
And you have that because the Republican Party is doing nothing to earn people's votes.  They wrongly believe that people will automatically vote GOP because of Hobbs, Kelly, et al.  They have gotten incredibly lazy and hopelessly entrenched.

I think I acknowledged that.

But those who have gotten entrenched are being challenged.  I hope we are able to start turning things around.

It won't happen overnight because it didn't get here overnight.