Author Topic: The AP’s Coverage of UN’s ‘Climate Red Alert’ Is Nothing More Than a Red Herring  (Read 146 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
The AP’s Coverage of UN’s ‘Climate Red Alert’ Is Nothing More Than a Red Herring

By
Anthony Watts
March 22, 2024

The Associated Press (AP) ran a story claiming that a “red alert” was issued by The United Nations (UN) weather agency, the World Meteorological Organization (WMO), which claimed that global temperature in 2023 set new records due to human caused climate change, and expectations that new record high temperatures would be set in 2024. The story is misleading at the very least. It is based on a false premise, because the UN didn’t reference historical nor current real-world data before issuing the report that the AP story touted.

On March 19th, the AP carried a story, titled UN weather agency issues ‘red alert’ on climate change after record heat, ice-melt increases in 2023. The story begins with this:

https://climaterealism.com/2024/03/the-aps-coverage-of-uns-climate-red-alert-is-nothing-more-than-a-red-herring/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson